At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our International Tax practice.
- Serve as an international tax advisor to clients in a range of industries on international tax services and offerings
- Assist with business development for the expansion of services at new and existing clients; work collaboratively with other practice groups within tax, the firm, and non-U.S. KPMG member firms to bring the right services and experience to address and resolve client issues
- Manage, direct, monitor, and deliver multiple client engagements teams while maintaining active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations
- Research, write and review client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters
- Oversee and direct international aspects of outsourced or co-sourced compliance and other quantitative oriented international tax engagements
- Monitor and convey to clients information regarding U.S. technical developments as well as their application to federal and international tax issues
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities that are external to the firm while providing direction to and maintaining managerial responsibility for a team
- Act as a coach, mentor or performance manager to other tax professionals
- Minimum five years of recent broad experience in international corporate taxation, or five years of broad experience in M&A or federal tax and a desire to move into international corporate taxation
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA, JD/LLM or EA, in addition to others on KPMGs approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Candidates with international corporate tax experience should have previous experience with several of the following common international tax planning areas: outbound transactional structuring, Subpart F and 954(h), inbound transactional structuring, check the box principles, U.S. tax treaty research and interpretation, repatriation strategies, intellectual and intangible property planning, structured finance, base shifting, FSC/EIE, foreign tax credit planning, transfer pricing, and international mergers and acquisitions
- Candidates with other experience seeking to move into international corporate taxation should have in-depth experience in planning areas relevant to their existing discipline
- Strong planning, research, and communication skills, as well as general knowledge of corporate tax compliance; demonstrated ability to develop business; solid understanding of ASC 740 and U.S. federal taxation
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Minimum eight years of recent broad experience in international corporate taxation or eight years of broad experience in M&A or federal tax and a desire to move into international corporate taxation
- Experience building and managing client relationships
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).