Lead Windows OS Engineer
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Lead Engineer I, Sys Admin to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization.
- Manage the design, implementation, automation, integration, maintenance and aid with problem resolution of Windows Server OS and Group Policy for 7000+ servers
- Build, configure, certify, deploy, support, and management of OS compliance standards
- Assist with ongoing operations, automation, integration, performance analysis, and maintenance
- Provide SME services for Major Incidents and Problem tickets
- Maintain and version up to date knowledge of OS Standards and Desired state configurations
- Monitor process and procedure documents as well as documentation for each Server OS
- Minimum five years of recent working knowledge of Windows Server OS products, OS Engineering and extensive Group Policy Management preferred; experience with BigFix Compliance a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Technical expertise in the following areas: Active Directory, Group Policy Management, ADMX Templates, Scripting using PowerShell, Python experience a plus
- Technical skills in Windows server operating system, that is, 2012 to current versions, as well as other related disciplines such as Cloud, Database including Oracle/MS SQL Server, Web technologies, enterprise storage and server virtualization
- Experience working in a large complex enterprise environment with advanced technical skillset in Windows Server Administration
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, organizational and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; ability to build productive relationships with peers
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).