Associate Director, Development
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Development to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization.
- Provide technical leadership for onshore/offshore development teams, technical project leaders and developers, and participate in developing/mentoring employees to build high performing teams
- Manage all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for the client area's application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms
- Act as a primary client contact responsible for fulfilling project requirements; coordinate activities with IT management
- Take responsibility for project planning, scheduling, status reporting and project budgets; establish and analyze staffing requirements within guidelines; be accountable for implementing projects consistent with long-range IT plans and installation standards
- Develop and execute an application roadmap for existing applications including technology upgrades, maintenance, and issue resolution
- Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations; perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum eight years of recent in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, the clients' area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Experience managing and directing systems development and systems maintenance project teams; extensive experience managing offshore teams; proven ability to juggle multiple projects and work streams; experience in Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Extensive working experience of MS SQL and SQL programming; strong understanding of SOLID design principles of programming and OOP; deep understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably SCRUM) and .NET Framework fundamentals
- Experience with Visual Studio 2019, SQL Management Studio, Code Repository Tool (preferably GIT/Bitbucket), Jenkins, SharePoint; experience with a Project Management Tool (preferably JIRA)
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team as well as foster the development of high-performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization; ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).