Temporary Senior Database Administrator
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator for a six-month assignment to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Manage daily Database (DB) Administration activities, installation, and configuration of SQL Servers; Code migration among different environments; implement DB security
- Configure and monitor AlwaysOn/Clustering/Log Shipping/Replication
- Install, configure, and manage SQL clusters (FCI, AG, DAG)
- Manage backup and restores (Native and via third party tools like Rubrik)
- Troubleshoot queries and stored procedures using T-SQL; performance tuning and problem resolution for root cause
- Support and participate in 24x7 on call rotation
- Minimum five years of recent experience in SQL 2014/2016/2017/2019 administration
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Expert knowledge in SQL clustering and availability groups; in-depth understanding of SQL architecture; proficient in using T-SQL; experience implementing operational automation through SQL tools and PowerShell
- Good working knowledge with SSIS, SSRS (bonus with PowerBI); experience with replication topologies and components; proven experience in both OLTP and Data warehousing environments; track record with troubleshooting Kerberos issues
- Solid experience with TDE encryption of databases; familiarity with Azure Cloud support / migration tasks (preferred)
- Ability to support a 24x7 operation
- US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).