Audit Associate, Federal Audit (TS/SCI required)
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Associate to join our Federal Audit practice.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of Federal audit engagements and support the execution of a high-quality audit
- Maintain and apply a foundational knowledge of industry-specific accounting literature
- Understand and apply KPMGs Audit Methodology while preparing clear well-structured and effective audit documentation
- Participate in client and engagement team interactions in a professional manner including properly conveying information gathered from the client to the engagement team
- Identify and communicating potential issues and opportunities for audit efficiencies and process improvement to Senior Associates Managers and Partners
- Minimum one year of current and/or recent audit experience in public accounting or one year of current and/or recent federal advisory experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university and eligible to sit for the CPA exam in their home state and must meet minimum educational requirements for the CPA licensure
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- U.S. citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
- Adhere to the firms values and code of conduct
- Ability and willingness to travel
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).