Audit Senior Associate, Federal Audit (TS/SCI required)
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Senior Associate to join our Federal Audit practice.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of Federal audit engagements and support the execution of a high-quality audit
- Identify and communicate potential issues and opportunities for audit efficiencies and process improvement to Managers and Partners
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of audits and client interactions and ensuring efficient information flow from the client to the audit team
- Support the design and execution of an engagements audit approach and procedures in accordance with relevant regulatory professional auditing and assurance standards and applicable firm guidance and KPMG methodology
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and staying current on developments in accounting literature including those specific to assigned industries
- Supervise Audit Associates and Interns on engagements and providing coaching timely feedback and reviewing their audit documentation
- Minimum of two years of current and/or recent audit experience in public accounting
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university and be eligible to sit for the CPA exam in the state of your home office and must meet minimum educational requirements for the CPA licensure
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAS) and Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) Standards preferred; capability to meet challenging client requirements demonstrated supervisory experience along with strong communication interpersonal analytical skills and research abilities
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time which requires U.S. citizenship
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).