Manager, Cyber Threat Hunting - Remote
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Cyber Threat Hunting to join our Enterprise Security Services organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Work with the Cyber Security Incident Response (CSIRT) on the Cyber Threat Analysis (CTA) team
- Complete threat hunting in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Define, document, test, and cyber threat analysis processes
- Evaluate external threat intelligence sources related to zero-day attacks, exploit kits and malware to determine organizational risk, perform threat hunts, and analyze the threat to KPMG
- Conduct forensics including host-based disk and memory as well as network; analyze to determine root cause and impact
- Minimum five years of recent threat hunting experience; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment; experience with IT process definition and/or improvement
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Solid understanding of network and system intrusion and detection methods; examples of related technologies include the Microsoft security stack, Next Generation Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP), Security information and event management (SIEM), hacking tools techniques and procedures
- Experience with coding and analytics, malware analysis, endpoint lateral movement detection methodologies and host forensic tools
- Solid understanding of network protocol analysis, public key infrastructure, SSL, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory, Linux, open-source software, scripting, SQL and software programming
- US Citizenship is required
California Salary Range: $109100 - $229700
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).