Senior Associate, Tax Technology
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Tax to joinour Asset Management Tax Technology Practice.
- Responsible for a group of clients using KPMG Securities Analyzer (SA), KPMG's proprietary book-to-tax adjustment system, automating wash sales and other tax adjustments; including reviewing monthly reconciliations, working with engagement teams on timely and accurate deliverables
- Drive efficiencies across the full life cycle of deliverables while reducing overall costs and risks
- Work with SA leadership to further develop the overall Center of Excellence strategy including the standardization of processes, improvement of internal controls, and enabling our people to drive quality
- Interface with external clients, internal stakeholders and team members in all phases of deliverables and manage client expectations
- Support go-to-market efforts and client onboardings for SA as needed
- May oversee work product, manage deadlines, expectations and often contributing to staffing decisions and supervising the work performed by more junior staff
- Minimum of two years of experience with a combination of mutual fund accounting and technology experience gained in a well-regarded audit, tax or advisory services firm, asset management firm or technology service provider
- Knowledge of tax compliance or fund accounting with an understanding of Fund Accounting systems such as InvestOne, MCH, or Geneva is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Ability to develop and understand overall strategy linking closely to tax's overall business strategy and key success measures
- Possess advanced analytic skills including strategic thinking and planning, complex data analysis and excellent verbal and written skills
- Having, or working on obtaining, one of thefollowing credentials is a plus.CPA , ENR AGT (Enrolled Agent), MTX (Masters in Taxation), MBA (Mastersof Business Administration), MS in Computer Science, or JD / LLM
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).