Business Analyst - Collaboration Market (Intern) - Summer 2024
Why Work at Lenovo
We are Lenovo. We do what we say. We own what we do. We WOW our customers.
Lenovo is a US$62 billion revenue global technology powerhouse, ranked #171 in the Fortune Global 500, employing 77,000 people around the world, and serving millions of customers every day in 180 markets. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, Lenovo has built on its success as the world’s largest PC company by further expanding into growth areas that fuel the advancement of ‘New IT’ technologies (client, edge, cloud, network, and intelligence) including server, storage, mobile, software, solutions, and services.
This transformation together with Lenovo’s world-changing innovation is building a more inclusive, trustworthy, and smarter future for everyone, everywhere. To find out more visit https://www.lenovo.com, and read about the latest news via our StoryHub.
Description and Requirements
Business Analyst - Collaboration Market (Intern)
Lenovo has designed a multitude of programs for students from all disciplines and backgrounds. Our internships provide the support you need to gain valuable experience and develop your skills and acumen. Whether you are designing the next PC, or launching a social media campaign, our interns make a genuine impact on our global business. We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurship and ownership - a workplace where your talents can be challenged, and your efforts recognized and rewarded.
Lenovo is seeking a self-motivated intern to Identify best practices and strategies in the Audio/Video business channels for Lenovo’s Smart Collaboration / video conferencing business unit. You will work with a cross-functional team that includes [Product Management, Channel Management, Marketing, Sales and Operations], to complete three key objectives:
- Identify best practices/gaps in Lenovo’s A/V channel
- Identify and categorize target A/V channel partners
- Identify competitors' A/V channel strategies
The successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically. This person will be responsible for developing an A/V Channel Analysis; categorizing target channel partners (based on capabilities, market presence, alignment to Smart Collab portfolio and Microsoft Teams), and Competitors' channel strategy (best practices, potential pitfalls, areas of differentiation). They will need to have the ability to work independently as a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in an ever-evolving environment, and adapt messaging across different audiences. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and develop new skills, including communicating clearly and convincingly. While they will need to work independently, they will have support within the Commercial organization to help guide and provide feedback.
- Current enrollment in a relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree program
- Interest in the Collaboration / Video Conferencing market
- Business acumen to understand the intricate roles and relationships business channel partners play in the overall technology marketplaceAnalytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable asking questions and doing the due diligence to understand the landscape
- Self-starter and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- You are creative and adaptable, with an eye for detail