At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for a Designer with impeccable taste and excellent design skills to join our in-house creative team. You’ll work on a range of projects from small email campaigns to semiannual product release campaigns. As a Designer, you’ll develop and iterate on a range of ideas and design solutions beginning at the brainstorming stage of a project, all the way through refinement and execution. You’ll report to the creative director, and work in close partnership with copywriters, producers, developers, marketing stakeholders, project managers, and other cross-functional teammates.
In addition to design skills, you’ll need to demonstrate a wide range of soft skills, including collaboration, organization, adaptability, and excellent communication. You’ll bring proactive problem-solving and multiple potential solutions to each assignment.
Our team values creative generosity, enthusiasm, and bringing good energy to the task of creating communications that support the company’s business and goals, educate our riders and drivers, and bring joy and inspiration to our audiences.
- Create and ensure design consistency and excellence across a variety of deliverables including emails, in-app messages, blog posts, landing pages, and paid media assets.
- Partner closely with creative directors, marketers, and content strategists to execute first-class work in a fast-paced environment.
- Champion the Lyft brand style throughout all channels.
- Synthesize feedback from a variety of stakeholders to create appropriate solutions in the work you produce.
- Present and advocate for your creative work to a variety of stakeholders.
- Adapt quickly to incorporate new learnings and business updates into your creative and design work.
- Own your own creative projects from briefing through concepting, execution, and delivery, with support and guidance from creative directors.
- Create and organize meticulous design files for ease of collaboration.
- Bring excellent creative and design solutions to each project.
- 4+ years experience at a design studio, agency or in-house design department
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your strategic, conceptual, and design skills through visually-compelling work.
- Mastery of composition, typography, color, and imagery
- Mastery of design tools: Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop (After Effects is a plus)
- Solid understanding of UX, web, responsive design, email, video, 3D, and animation
- A growth mindset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be detailed in your execution, but flexible in your approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You should be a Lyft user/believer :)
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the New York City area is $94,500 - $105,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.