Full Stack Engineer
Our Banking and Financial Services group is winning awards across Australia for its awesome digital experience for our clients, right across our Personal Banking, Business Banking and Wealth management areas. We are building the Digital Property IQ of the future, and we are doing it with our clients by our side.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
Help us achieve our goals by playing a key role in driving strategic change in building the new strata operational platform. You will have a passion for engineering and technology, while also seeking to solve problems holistically across a dynamic business. Demonstrate your growth mindset and collaborate with our teams of business representatives and engineers, who chart a path through short term deliveries towards aspirational end-state solutions.
What you offer
- A broad depth of knowledge in building Java based applications for the cloud (Java 17+)
- Good understanding on API development and database integration (REST, MySQL8)
- Ability to write code and lead design decisions by engaging in POCs and high performant, critical code components.
- Good understanding of how to build performant, resilient, decoupled software systems with high standards on code maintainability
- Good understanding on SOA and micro-services patterns and knowledge of open-source libraries, tools, and frameworks
- Keen interest in improving developer experience within teams and knowledge in Containerisation and CICD (Docker, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Experience with SDLC tools (e.g., JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- AWS experience (eg S3, SQS, SNS, Cognito) highly desired.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year
- Up to 20 weeks parental leave for primary careers
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Other benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Access a wide range of learning and development opportunities #LIHybrid
About the Corporate Operations Group
In our Corporate Operations Group, you will work at the heart of Macquarie. Join a collaborative team who accelerate digitalisation, sustainability and social impact for the benefit of our people, customers, shareholders and communities. Our teams include technology, digital transformation and data, operations, human resources, business services, corporate strategy and solutions and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Category: Junior, Technology
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Gee Quimbo