Head of Securities Lending Trading
Join our equities business in a successful and highly supportive team, you will help drive sustained business growth and increased profitability for the Equity Finance business in Asia.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
You will lead the Securities Lending team in Asia, focused on sourcing and distributing stock for our external clients and internal trading desks, as well as managing funding, liquidity and collateral. You will be responsible for managing external relationships, including agent lenders, brokers, clients and service providers, and drive data and relationship-driven approaches to deliver the best outcomes for Macquarie and our clients.
You will play a crucial role in effective risk and control management, working to ensure trading risks are foreseen, managed and escalated by leveraging technology for process automation and analytics and engaging with our wider team on strategic system enhancement and by identifying and mitigating operational risk.
What you offer
- Deep knowledge and experience in the areas of Securities Lending, Repo, Equity Swaps, Funding Instruments, FX and Interest Rate products
- A well-developed understanding of equity markets and a desire and passion to continue learning in the relevant areas
- Ability and experience in understanding and navigating the structural and regulatory environment would be highly advantageous
- Working understanding of the legal documentation required for Securities Lending and Repo
- Experience as a people manager with a strong work ethic
- Confident communicator with the ability to quickly build relationships with external clients and counterparties, and internal stakeholders.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year
- Paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Access a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program, a robust behavioural health network with counselling and coaching services
- Recognition and service awards
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Category: Mid-senior, Derivatives, Trading
Group: Commodities and Global Markets
Division: Equity Derivatives and Trading
Recruiter: Chloe Yang