Tech Manager, SRE- Supply Chain
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
The Software Engineering Manager at Macy’s Technology reports to the Director, Engineering and will play a key role in leading the team’s technical direction and integration with enterprise solutions. The Software Engineering Manager will form effective partnerships across Macy’s Technology.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of technical solutions; Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership make the right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling features to support the business.
Software Engineering Manager will evangelize use of modern software development practices, with emphasis on automation and Reliability Engineering. Build and lead high performing software engineering teams to deliver and support omni channel applications and services at speed and scale; Drive innovation in both technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Architect and build scalable software solutions.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standard are realized by efficient collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other teams.
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross functional teams.
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum-teams using agile development and DevOps best practices.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of direct experience
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to
- Java and related technologies and frameworks including Spring framework.
- Front End technologies like ReactJS / Angular.
- Modern System Architecture Patterns.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code – Terraform etc.
- Experience working with cloud service providers (preferably GCP).
- Experience working with modern SQL / noSQL Databases.
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
- Preferred – Experience implementing a 3rd party packaged software solution – E.g. MDM, ERP, WMS etc.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Tech Manager, SRE- Supply Chain
Johns Creek, GA, United States
Full time Schedule
* based on job, location, and schedule