Senior Maintenance Manager
Senior Manager, Maintenance
North Jackson, OH, United States
Full time Schedule
* based on job, location, and schedule
Bring Your Amazing Self to Work
At Macy's, Inc. we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. So we respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride, and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
We drive success across the Supply Chain organization using four pillars, each with a customer focus: Organizational Excellence, Building & Developing the Team, Financial Acumen, and Integrating with the Community.
Senior Manager, Maintenance under supervision of Maintenance Director is responsible for the facility and building equipment for Macy's Distribution Center. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on material handling equipment, powered equipment, and building structures. Conducts diagnostics and uses troubleshooting skills to analyze, improve and repair equipment. Repairs, maintains, installs, and updates electrical systems for equipment, buildings, and grounds.
This role is based out of our Customer Fulfillment Center in North Jackson, Ohio.
- Partner with operational teams in supporting distribution center logistic functions. Develop operational fluency in supported business units and bridge gap between functional requirements and mechanical capabilities of material handling systems.
- Maintain building and equipment in optimal, safe running condition at the lowest cost.
- Support and develop "best practices" that drives continuity across Macy's Supply Chain including CFC network.
- Promotes and ensures safety of staff and colleagues.
- Train, develop and supervise Maintenance teams
- Develop and practice visionary goals that support operational customer support.
- Lead and develop internal technical support within the engineering staff.
- Maintain all MHE and PIT equipment within OEM safe operational specification.
- Develop cost effective maintenance, energy consumption, and operational improvements of facility and equipment.
- Lead and develop CMMS behaviors around Preventative Maintenance practices.
- Develop and ensure analytical troubleshooting and root cause analysis practices are followed.
- Purchase equipment, parts and contracted services.
- Work with outside regulatory agencies and consultants as needed.
- Provide estimates of cost for major repairs and capital improvements.
- Prepare scope documents and solicit proposals for repair and construction services from third party service providers.
- Budget Management to achieve financial targets
- Develop innovative cost-effective ideas for improvement to existing material handling systems and create optimal product flow.
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Electrical/mechanical engineering knowledge – including a strong background in electrical troubleshooting and maintaining industrial equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC control systems.
- Work independently on maintenance tasks throughout the building, as well as working on team projects as designated.
- Focus on accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively and share key business information with colleagues and peers.
- Develop team members through feedback, coaching and performance management.
- Collaborate with teams across the facility to achieve business results.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Strong Analytical Approach
- Effective Communication
- Strong knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Build and develop high performing teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
What We Can Offer You
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits rooted in principles of equity
- Performance incentives and annual merit review
- Merchandise discounts
- Health and Wellness Benefits across medical, dental, vision, and additional insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with 401k match opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health counseling and legal/financial advice)
- Resources for continuous learning, career growth, and leadership development
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (first year prorated depending on start date)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Guild education benefit funds 100% of tuition, books, and fees in designated programs
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) and give-back/volunteer opportunities
- Empowerment and autonomy to perform impactful work with tangible results
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing, and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy, and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses in addition to the attached Benefits. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Visit https://bit.ly/3Sy3fOs to see details on benefits.
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.