Senior, Technical Product Manager - Marketing
Senior, Technical Product Manager - Marketing
Johns Creek, GA, United States
Full time Schedule
* based on job, location, and schedule
Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. When you bring your unique personality to our team, you will help us tackle the barriers to representation so, together, we can realize the potential of every one of us. We understand the importance of bringing our whole selves to work, which is why our commitments to our People, our Communities, and our Planet will help us create a more sustainable and diverse future
A senior technical product manager at Macy’s Inc. is responsible for making sure all the technical aspects of a product are being tracked, inspected, and managed. This role will monitor, plan, and progress several platforms to ensure products are of the highest quality. In partnership with business and technical leadership, you will define the capability roadmap for the platform, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams – who will execute on that vision.
Our senior technical product managers are leaders in the end-to-end product development process; demonstrating a keen understanding of how the product is made, what tools are used, and what processes are developed. Using that information, this role will plan, schedule, and enact deliverables. The senior technical product manager will identify and guide non-functional requirements; creating contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies to minimize loss; inclusive of responsibility to plan project lifecycle deployment requirements identifying resource needs that ensure all relevant stakeholders have the resources needed to achieve desired outcomes.
Senior technical product managers need to have excellent communication skills, organization, and multi-tasking abilities; proactively collaborating across business and technology stakeholders, project managers, data scientists, engineering managers, business product managers, and other technical product managers as needed.
This role will report to Director, Engineering – Marketing
What you will do:
- Collaborate to define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product portfolio
- Negotiate and manage execution on behalf of the Product Vision
- Collaborate and communicate with impacted product teams
- Analyze customer needs and translate them into clear requirements
- Work to align internal teams, including developers, engineers, Q.A, and operations
- Realize, evaluate, and tackle risk
- Organize and implement internal and customer training on how to use the product
- Be an evangelist and subject matter expert to the community, actively marketing product capabilities, and managing Q&A
- Understand data pipelines, work with data science, data governance, and automated systems
- Define and enable POCs and beta tests
- Analyze metrics and data, communicate objectives and outcomes
- Drive success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Own the creation and maintenance of product documentation
- Actively conduct market research to look for gaps
- Look into competitors and conduct capability analyses regularly
- Assess new products and companies to measure their potential value
Who you are
- 5+ years of technical product management, program management, engineering experience
- SCRUM/Safe/Agile experience preferred
- Agility with self-service analytics tools (e.g., SQL or Tableau) or an eagerness to learn
- Proven track record in delivering end-to-end product solutions
- 5+ years of experience with CRM tools and Marketing Technologies (preferably PaaS / On cloud solutions) with familiarity to Data and Customer domains.
- Must be highly autonomous and comfortable working in an ambiguous, continually changing environment.
- Able to respond and adapt to the needs of a highly matrixed organization
- Experience working in an Agile environment including defining and documenting product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria is a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Must be able to effectively interact with, present information to, and respond to questions from all levels of the organization and partners
- Must demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement policies and procedures to ensure data is both acceptable and accurate in a complex environment
- Customer-centric and experienced with successful cross-functional collaboration.
What we can offer you
- A hybrid work-life with flexible scheduling and an always-open and available office space.
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement cloud-native applications.
- Empowerment and autonomy to perform impactful work with tangible results.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities.
- Competitive pay and benefits rooted in principles of equity.
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement.
- Employee Assistance Program (including mental health and financial literacy resources).
- Debt-free education benefits which include 100% coverage of tuition, books, and fees.
- Short-term and long-term incentives, annual merit, merchandise discounts.
- Continuous Learning – Ignite (powered by Degreed), leadership development programs, and skill-based boot camp trainings.
Now is an exciting time for a career at Macy's, Inc. Join our team to help shape the future of a digitally-led omnichannel retailer and become a leader in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain technology, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you'll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
Do valuable work revolutionizing digitally-led omnichannel retail – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Click here https://bit.ly/3Sy3fOs to see details on benefits.