3rd Shift - General Assembler - Starting Pay $24.20/hr
Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Michelin parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line.
- Manually assembling production parts using provided machines and tooling.
- Practices safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard work instructions and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
- Follows accurate verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
- Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations.
- Assists with training for less experienced personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and ideas.
- Interacts with other support functions such as Quality and Maintenance.
- Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical operations.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of operational area (5S).
- Operating knowledge of assigned equipment.
- Willingness to cross train in other departments.
- Overtime will be required from time to time, and this may require weekends.
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hold, push, pull, lift and carry items up to 45 pounds & work in a hot environment.
- This job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp small or large objects and to use small parts (e.g., bolts, screws) and handheld tools (e.g., wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools) to put them together.
- This job requires that you pay careful attention to what you are doing. You will need to make sure that whatever you are responsible for assembling is done safe, correct, and accurate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 1-2 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!