Quality Process Engineer
Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
We have an immediate opening in Fort Wayne, Indiana for a Quality Process Engineer whose responsibilities include ensuring materials are produced to meet required quality standards, evaluate and continuously improve production processes, and provide support on the production floor for any issues related to quality. Applicant will also be responsible for root cause analysis and helping to develop actions to resolve manufacturing and quality issues.
This opportunity is in Woodburn, IN less than 15 minutes from the vibrant, growing city of Fort Wayne, IN. Nearly equidistant from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit, Fort Wayne has historically served as a transportation and communications center for Northeast Indiana, and an incubator for many products and companies. This large facility has 1600+ employees that take pride in producing premier tires for light commercial vehicles, SUVs, and pickup trucks. We are driven to inspire our people to achieve both long-term career and personal goals. Family, teamwork, and commitment to our customers are at the center of our culture. Come join our team today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with quality planning models and are manufactured in compliance with standards.
- Work to ensure quality and productivity performances comply with goals defined by the company.
- Apply right the first-time principles to ensure total quality.
- Anticipate and take actions to reduce risk to the customer, product compliance, and quality performance.
- Address complaints, nonconformities, nonstandard situations and performance shifts with appropriate actions.
- Help operators to gain knowledge of product quality (mentoring, training, etc.)
- Monitor quality results to ensure the product is performing as expected.
- Work with other departments to resolve quality issues.
- Lead/Participate in quality planning for products, materials, processes, and methods.
- Draw logical conclusions based on in depth analysis of information.
- Recognize causes and consequences of actions and events that are not likely apparent.
- Persuade by appealing to reason using data, facts and examples.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with external partners, suppliers, customers, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and process/product relationship knowledge.
- B.S. degree in scientific field and 0-5 years’ experience in process engineering or quality control manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in process engineering or quality manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office® Suite and ability to become proficient in internal software systems.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!