Mechanical design engineer
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
Make a difference as a Mechanical design engineer.
We recruit you for your personality, your skills and your experience for a career in the company.
Motivated by our purpose - We care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Hybrid work for eligible positions (at least 2 days per week at the Michelin R&D center in Magog)
- Collaborate with colleagues all over the world
- Support for professional development
- A stimulating role in a highly innovative company
- An employee assistance program
- Discounts on products
- Varied activities and opportunities to get involved
- Modern offices
If Respect for people, Teamwork and Trust are some values you live by you should consider joining us, the Worldwide leader in Tires!
As part of the track systems continuous improvement team, the selected candidate will participate in the development of track systems mainly for the agricultural industry for our OEM customers. Supported by the team's experienced engineers, he/she will design various mechanical components and systems in order to offer our customers innovative, top-quality track systems.
We need you for:
- Participate in the development and improvement of track systems for OEMs;
- Design and model various track system concepts;
- Perform calculations and analyses to validate concepts and participate in failure mode analyses (DFMEA);
- Contribute to the definition and execution of validation plans (DVP & R) and write analysis and test reports;
- Lead design reviews: internal, with customers and suppliers and review and approve engineering drawings;
- Support engineering exchanges with customers and suppliers and monitor product costs;
- Participate in the realization and validation of prototypes and identify and implement necessary product improvements throughout the development process.
What do you need to possess for being successful?
- You have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and relevant experience in systems engineering on heavy equipment;
- You have 2 to 5 years' relevant experience in mechanical engineering and product development, from ideation to commissioning;
- You are a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or in the process of becoming one;
- You are comfortable working in a bilingual environment (French and English), so you can communicate both orally and in writing with your colleagues and our international customers;
- You are familiar with the various engineering processes (PDP), GD&T and the process failure mode analysis method (DFMEA);
- You are familiar with 3D design software (CREO is an asset) and are able to apply mechanical principles and strength of materials;
- You are a self-motivated, dynamic individual who takes initiative;
- You have the ability to solve problems using a structured methodology, and can manage several projects simultaneously, and certain priorities, with autonomy and initiative;
- You're a collaborative problem-solver who likes to help others;
- Possible occasional travel within our various sites (mostly in the USA).
Our Candidate and New Hire Experience Promise:
At each step in your career, you will be guided along your career path to help you build a personalized career plan for the long term… and it starts Now!”
Discover your future – Demonstrate your interest – Meet your future colleagues – Start your Journey!
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
The Magog Team - #michelinmagog:
Meet the Michelin Magog team. We are the world headquarter of the Michelin Off-Road business line and the global research and development center for systems and tracks. You'll get a glimpse of the innovative and fun work environment enjoyed by our 300 employees in Magog. Our team works to enable thousands of people to move forward better every day. We are motivated to redefine the future of mobility. Come and join us!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons and people with disabilities. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment application process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com