Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
At Microsoft, our core mission is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 16,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, architects and consultants, who along with delivery experts are working together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey. Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves.
- Researches and proactively shares intellectual property (IP) and provides recommendations for improvement including submitting new IP. Holds others accountable for reusing appropriate IP and collective knowledge by enforcing use of processes and artifacts with team members.
- Engages with customer stakeholders to develop partnerships, leveraging broad technical expertise. Manages escalations or ensures resolution of escalations with customer stakeholders through tailored corrective action (e.g., education) and overcomes ambiguous situations as needed. Learns to leverage project sponsors and internal network to influence stakeholders and resolve situations.
- Drives customer satisfaction by engaging with customers stakeholders in a positive manner, reviewing and analyzing customer feedback, and leveraging trusted relationships with key internal resources to act as the voice of the customer. Manages expectations with political sensitivity by leading Conditions of Satisfaction (COSs) discussions with customer, and documenting, executing, and monitoring accordingly.
- Adheres to project compliance standards (e.g., confidentiality, privacy) and requirements of the contract and accommodates customer compliance standards, including managing compliance-related complexities (e.g., high sensitivity to confidentiality). Champions compliance by contributing to knowledge sharing across teams to build compliance capability of others.
- Drives project initiation for projects of medium complexity (e.g., multiple offerings, multiple domains and/or supports projects of high complexity (e.g., tailored offerings, high visibility, high impact, market making) by delivering a workstream within a larger project/program, by driving commitment of delivery resources, assigning resources, assisting in sourcing and qualifying partner resources, and creating work breakdown structures (WBSs) with delivery team.
- Balances needs across projects in challenging situations (e.g., scarce technical resources), with support from senior colleagues as needed, and collaborates with other groups (e.g., resource managers, India Global Delivery) on integrated planning and organization of onshore/offshore projects.
- Facilitates contracting process for partner resources (e.g., contractors, vendors) by briefing partners, coordinating partner candidate interviews, and identifying and acclimating partner resources to the team. Supports negotiation and structuring of fixed-fee subcontractor contracts with oversight from senior colleagues.
- Contributes to pre-sales for medium-impact projects by articulating the business value proposition associated with the project/change and considering associated complexities and risks to ensure feasibility of commercial offer. Participates in review of proposed scope and assists in developing Statement of Work (SOW), Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs), estimates, preliminary risk assessments, etc.
- Develops detailed project management plan to drive predictable delivery for projects of medium complexity or supports senior colleagues in projects of high complexity, leveraging existing materials and experience to drive scope, resources, and Microsoft project schedule in alignment and collaboration with customer plan. Ensures use of baselining, resource load balancing, and application of work effort, dependency management, contingency planning, and utilization of software (e.g., Timeline).
- Establishes clear expectations and accountabilities (e.g., reconfirm scope, Responsible-Accountable-Consulted-Informed matrix) with all project team members (e.g., consultants) and stakeholders for teams of medium complexity by leading internal and external kick-off meetings (e.g., sales to delivery handoff, formal kick-off meetings). Proactively engages broad set of internal and external stakeholders, including those who are impacted by project scope/outcome, but not directly involved (e.g., Enterprise Operating Unit, India Global Delivery, customer stakeholders) and engages subject matter experts in holistic planning activities, including team validation.
- Orchestrates and oversees a broad range of project metrics on midsize to large projects with high visibility (e.g., Vice President-level). Proactively ensures adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs) and provides strategic direction to drive success throughout project lifecycle.
- Proactively manages risks and issues within projects of standard complexity, leveraging technical knowledge and previous experience to evaluate risks, perform qualitative analyses (e.g., probability, impact, urgency), create risk management plans, establish processes, and work with cross-functional groups and leaders to mitigate identified risks. Contributes to recovery efforts and ensures tools are updated. Manages issue closure as a high priority.
- Ensures timely completion and quality of deliverables (e.g., documents) and tracking of agreed upon metrics for projects of standard complexity by applying quality management techniques (e.g., benchmarking, interviews) for collecting data. Uses analyses to identify solutions to systemic issues.
- Discusses and confirms Microsoft change control processes at kickoff with customer. Anticipates changes and proactively addresses by probing to ensure change can happen smoothly early in the process. Tests process before initiating formal change.
- Manages finances for projects with mid-size to large scopes and budgets by balancing funding and resources across workstreams, performing analyses, and leveraging cost management experience and expertise. Aims to reduce cost and improve delivery margin without impact to quality or customer experience and understands impact of decisions on the broader business (e.g., profits and losses [P&L], accrual-based accounting).
- Manages stakeholder communications on project health, issues, and financial performance for mid-size to large deals throughout entire project lifecycle, tailoring communications to the audience. Tracks and maintains customer deliverables.
- Drives timely project closure by ensuring completion of project sign off tasks (e.g., system closeout updates, deletion of customer data, Deliverable Acceptance Form). Drives incremental process improvement by reflecting on and sharing lessons learned across teams, creating and suggesting improvements to intellectual property (IP), providing feedback to managers on team member performance, and conducting closeout interviews with team members.
- Applies advanced knowledge across project management principle areas to execution and delivery, contributes at local team-wide level to share knowledge and support others, serves as a mentor to junior colleagues to grow identified skill gaps, and participates in cross-border mentoring and peer alignment to share lessons learned on challenging projects.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's degree in related field AND 3+ years' experience in project management
- OR master's degree in related field AND 2+ years' experience in project management
- OR Doctorate Degree in related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field AND 6+ years' experience in project management
- OR master's degree in related field AND 4+ years' experience in project management
- OR Doctorate Degree in related field AND 1+ years' experience in project management
- OR equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 4+ years financial management experience.