PDME Technical Program Manager
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Cloud Supply Chain (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported. As a critical part of the PDM Engineering team within Microsoft’s CSCP Organization (India Center of Excellence), this People Manager Role will help lead a team that supports global product data management activities through effective partnerships, communication, and process improvements. Our focus is to define qualified components throughout the Azure Cloud deployment pipeline. We are all about improving BOM quality, change control, reducing data quality issues, and optimizing day to day operations. We operate in a high‐tech environment, laying the groundwork for scalable growth while delivering capacity and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
In this role, you will be a people leader responsible for directly managing a team of professionals in PDME and managing supply chain operations for our Center of Excellence in India.
• Lead and develop a high performing team of supply chain professionals in a matrix environment.
• The focus of this role is to support global product data management activities and will be to manage day-to-day product data operations and collaborative working with various supply chain and engineering functional groups.
• Partnership and communication – Work with engineers to drive tools and process improvements. Support requests from leaders for ad hoc analysis to drive cycle time reduction and initiatives. Collaborate with other functions to ensure adherence to processes.
• Processes – Identify, own and drive opportunities for continuous improvements to reduce cycle time, improve data quality and on-time SKU availability. Research issues to identify root cause and drive improvements. Use data driven approach to solve problems. Focus on elimination of manual steps, tightening of operational controls and optimization without compromising compliance.
• Facilitate support of procurement and mfg. operations functions and active engagement to process transformational changes.
• Drive and measure metrics to optimize NPI performance – including cycle time reductions, improve quality of data and on-time SKU availability.
• Provide clear, effective, and timely communications.
• Accomplish business goals by coordinating activities through direct and indirect staff, working with remote / hybrid teams to identify and improve overall efficiency of programs and working with cross functional global teams.
• Act as Trusted Advisor – Provide clear directions and guidance to team and internal stakeholders answering related questions or issues, while demonstrating a positive attitude
- Engineering degree in IT/Electronics/Mechanical or equivalent degree with 16+ years of experience in supply chain, product data management, NPI processes, program or project management with 8+ years of direct people management.
- 7+ years of technical engineering experience OR Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years of technical engineering experience OR Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years of technical engineering experience OR Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
• Demonstrate strong people leadership and guidance to the team on work ethics, people practices, goal setting, performance appraisals, employee engagement & development and maintain highly motivated team
• Experience collaborating with global cross functional teams and managing competing priorities that involve authoring product data operations
• Strong experience managing programs and driving data driven continuous improvements using Lean principles
• Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills, adept at using data to influence business decision making, ability to think strategically and act operationally
• Must be comfortable working with ambiguity and adept at using data to influence decision making
• Demonstrated influencing skills, with proven ability to handle multiple stakeholders across various levels of the organization, work streams and prioritize as needed
• Demonstrate ease of adaptability to different work environments and changing business needs.
• Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
• Strong and proven people management experience
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high demand environment
• An in-depth knowledge of having applied SC principles and concepts, broad-based functional knowledge, working knowledge of project management processes and tools, experience with product/system/solution lifecycles, and successful facilitation of work objectives using positive influence and coordination techniques
• Experience in PLM business process design to enhance business benefits like collaboration, design productivity, data quality and knowledge management is desired
• Knowledge of the Supply Chain for Server/ Storage/ Networking/ Rack products would be an added advantage
• Experience in Lean principles is an advantage
• Maintain good attitude and show flexibility in changing circumstances
• Strong customer focus and attention to detail in driving clarity
• Experience in program management with effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct workgroup)
• Should possess strong analytical and structured problem-solving skills
• Flexible working hours to attend meetings across time zones
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.