Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
At Microsoft, our core mission is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 16,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, architects and consultants, who along with delivery experts are working together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey. Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves.
- Participates in the pre-sale process as needed. Helps scope the project by sharing customer or technical knowledge in their specialty domain by leveraging their expertise as a subject matter expert.
- Follows the capacity process outlined by Resource, Insights, Capacity, and Capability (RICC) team. Maintains tools with up-to-date skills and availability.
- Participates in and/or may lead meetings with customers/partners to understand their business needs and/or scenario they are trying to solve. Uses business, technology, and industry strategies to define customer/partner requirements and constraints. Engages others appropriately to understand and define customer requirements.
- Supports project planning and the development of project documents by defining the risks and dependencies. Communicates the business value of planned solutions to customers/ partners with direction/guidance. Implements mitigations on technical and business risks. Manages their schedule and communicates with project leads. Delivers against Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Implements technical solutions by completing assigned project tasks with defined quality standards and following Industry Solutions processes. Oversees aspects of implementation.
- Proactively identifies issues and risks and engages with customers/partners or internal stakeholders (e.g., Project Managers) as appropriate to address and resolve issues.
- Proactively manages relationships with customers/partners/stakeholders to identify and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, determine the root cause, and establish recovery actions to improve the experience.
- Acts as an ambassador in consumption of intellectual property (IP) and leverages IP in projects. Proactively assists in the creation of intellectual property content and seeks areas that are available for more IP. Communicates areas that need refreshing or gaps in intellectual property. Provides feedback for continuous improvement.
- Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of cloud and Microsoft technologies.
- Learns new technologies or services based on business demands and industry trends. Obtains relevant accreditations and certification(s) as advised by the domain leadership team. Shares experiences, best practices, and product news within the team. Participates in relevant technical communities at Microsoft.
- Completes operational tasks and readiness and ensures timeliness and accuracy. Follows Microsoft policies, compliance, and procedures (e.g., Enterprise Services Authorization Policy, Standards of Business Conduct, labor logging, expenses, travel guidelines).
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field AND 1+ year(s) work experience in relevant area of business
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' work experience in relevant area of business.
- Technical certifications based on domain/service line (e.g., Azure, Security, Dynamics).
- Delivery Management certification (e.g., Scrum, Agile, Change Management, Project Management).