Business Program Management
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Identifies, defines, and designs opportunities to support and/or develop new programs or improve current programs. Defines the program strategy including gathering requirements, understanding business strategies and priorities, and program risks and mitigation plans. Advocates for and demonstrates the value of the program through clearly defined metrics in order to gain buy in from stakeholders, partners and customers. Monitors programs to ensure all activities align with program objectives and ensures program processes are executed efficiently including change management and/or program improvement efforts.
Business Program Planning and Design
Business Program Planning and Design
- Performs program landscape research and analysis (e.g., internal and/or external market, sales, delivery), forecasting, and examines business trends (e.g., customer feedback and expectations) to identify audience size and program scope, and stays current, agile, competitive, and contributes to programs impacting the broader unit. Demonstrates thought leadership in contributing to overall business goals, objectives, and strategies, as well as short- and long-term business priorities. Understands and identifies current program risks, impact, and develops mitigation plans impacting the broader unit.
- Identifies and scopes opportunities to develop new programs and improve current ones impacting the broader unit. Leads the identification and resolution of root problems (e.g., root-cause analysis) and the definition of the program strategy. Gathers program requirements, identifies resource needs, creates the project plan and targets, and works across teams to align on the plan of record. Improves the operations of existing programs by applying industry methodology, defining highly complex program issues, assessing various scenarios, and selecting the optimal scenario to resolve issues. Drives clarity in highly complex program issues and strives for simplification.
- Leads others who work with cross-functional (e.g., organizational, product, business) stakeholders (e.g., Engineering) to design highly complex programs from initiation to delivery, independently. Provides expertise to produce collateral (e.g., proposals, strategy walking deck, internal and external pitch content) to incorporate stakeholder needs and ensure the business objectives are met.
- Leads the defining and tracking of success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as quality, adoption, usage, impact, and effectiveness for the program.
- Shares best practices to define and execute on landing and communication plans, such as the target audience(s) and communication strategy. Leads the rhythm of business (ROB) during plan execution to ensure participants and stakeholders are communicating and responding according to the necessary cadence. Leads others to work across teams (e.g., Landing, Design, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Technical Program Management) to ensure all program requirements are understood and can be met.
- Shares expertise to evangelize highly complex programs to stakeholders, partners, and customers to gain buy in. Leverages data and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]) to demonstrate the value of the program and show business impact. Leads others to adapt communication style and storytelling strategy according to audience and business needs.
- Leads a portfolio of projects including the project plan, timelines, milestones, financial management, performance metrics, and/or resource needs for highly complex programs. Communicates the program status and risk to relevant stakeholders and holds them accountable for following the established schedule, risk mitigation plans, and processes. Establishes objectives and success criteria for the project in an inclusive, collaborative manner with all stakeholders.
- Provides insight to lead others to understand mapping or how people, process, technology, and systems work and impact one another. Leads the collaboration including leveraging other teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales) to ensure program processes are rigorous and executed efficiently. Develops processes around scope and scheduled changes for programs impacting the broader unit, and communicates them to stakeholders. Recognizes process gaps/inefficiencies and drives strategies for optimization.
- Provides insight to cost-benefit analyses to examine performance to value drivers (e.g., profit and loss [P&L], return on investment [ROI]). Leads monthly business review (MBR) and runs rhythms regularly to identify what is working and what is not, and makes improvements accordingly.
- Provides insight to collect and evaluate success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Indicators [KPIs]), such as acquisition, usage, impact, effectiveness, and customer feedback, and uses scorecards and dashboards to monitor highly complex programs and ensure all activities align with business and program objectives. Leads the synthesis of data analytics (e.g., scenario analyses) to derive insights and training that help identify current and future program risks and mitigation plans, as well as opportunities to streamline and optimize programs based on lessons learned that impact the broader unit.
- Utilizes direction and strategy from leadership to advocate and influence sponsorship regarding business area of expertise in order to create and execute plans that shift current priorities to new organizational initiatives and objectives, and influences others to change behavior accordingly. Leads the definition of the vision and strategy for change, broad and specific impact, and the flow of communication to the organization. Ensures buy in and adoption of the new program or change by others in the organization. Leads others to develop the collateral required to enable key stakeholders and others to be on board. Leads the training, reskilling, and mapping of individuals in partnership with Human Resources (HR).
- Executive presence and strategic influence, as demonstrated through open and confident expression at very senior levels of engagement.
- Ability to translate business strategy into operational frameworks, processes, and rhythms.
- Skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communication.
- Strong combination of financial, product and business capabilities.
- Organizational agility and credibility – strong influencer.
- Balance of technical and business strategy experience and acumen.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- Demonstrable track record of exceeding established goals.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills to access creative solutions in a highly complex, fast-moving business.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams to drive initiatives.
- Experience at driving and landing organizational change.
- Sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Excellent network.
- Resourceful problem solving.
- Lead and coordinate project activities to delivery Area/Domain specific projects.
- 7+ years of proven management experience and results with experience across multiple disciplines
- 5+ years of program management skills to organize a busy workload and deliver projects on time
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.