IT SaaS Engineer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As the SaaSOps Engineer for Motive, you will play a key role in configuring and managing SaaS and internally-hosted applications for IT, provide top-level support for the IT Support team, develop and administer identity management(Okta), and other SaaS service backend administrative duties. A prospective candidate should have a proven track record with owning, operating, and administering Okta, G-Suite, BetterCloud, Atlassian, Slack, Github, AWS, GCP and all SaaS applications.
What You'll Do:
- You will work with partners within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote a variety of internal applications, including Okta, the Atlassian suite, G Suite and Slack.
- You will take the lead in assessing and selecting new technologies and integrations, including product enhancement and product upgrades.
- You will identify and drive initiatives to increase enterprise productivity through integrations, articulation of best practices and training, with a particular focus on collaboration with other teams to identify conflicts and redundancies.
- You will document procedures, policies, technical instructions and securitization practices.
- You will understand and assess dynamic business and support processes to implement, configure and optimize application usage.
- You will research, install, maintain, and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons.
- You will maintain enterprise application reliability, including proactive issue mitigation.
- You will work to scale software to support dynamic teams in a fast-paced environment
- You will perform application risk assessments and develop risk maps to ensure users and data are protected
- Most importantly, you will make applications do more than they were built to do (and then work with our vendors to make sure our needs make it onto their roadmaps)
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT services
- 2+ years of experience with AWS (IAM, Route 53, S3, EC2, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service (IdaaS) solution like Okta, BetterCloud
- 2+ years implementing and supporting SAML and federated authentication
- Experience creating and maintaining Custom API integrations between SaaS tools
- Experience managing G-Suite (DNS record configuration, security configuration, email routing)
- Experience planning, executing and managing technical projects independently
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the compensation range is:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.