Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Frontend Engineer in the Growth team, you will have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our marketing & growth presence on the web - including KeepTruckin's official website, marketing campaigns and growth & engagement use cases within the KeepTruckin WebApp. We are looking for collaborative individuals with a strong frontend engineering background and a nuanced user first mindset. You would be in close collaboration with various internal stakeholders. You would be responsible for engineering the experience of growth use cases being put out by the business. In this role, you would be expected to constantly evaluate emerging technologies and avail strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the efficiency and reliability of KeepTruckin's web assets.
What You'll Do:
- Work on modern web frameworks and tools as part of a tightly knit Growth Engineering team
- Communicate with backend engineers about API requirements and refinements
- Work with designers to build highly usable and performant UIs
- Contribute towards code reviews and processing of tech debt
- Wordpress block, plugin, and theme development using React and php. You'd be expected to contribute to add functionality and design elements to our KeepTruckin website
- Develop responsive and robust email templates
- Technical documentation & project effort estimation
- Lead small to medium sized projects with complete end to end ownership, along with outward communication and stakeholder management
- Data driven conversion rate optimization of user acquisition funnels
What We're Looking For:
- Ideally, 2+ years of frontend engineering experience
- Experience working with at least one modern web framework such as Angular 2+, React, Vue, etc
- Experience with version control systems (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket etc.)
- Comfortable using CSS preprocessors such as Sass/Less
- Strong communication skills with a user first attitude
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.