Director, Product Management
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
An ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of product management experience in programmatic advertising in Media & Entertainment and a proven track record of end-to-end ownership and delivering results.
- Develop the strategy and execution of the Gracenote Advertising Suite.
- Work closely with clients/prospects across the supply chain including Publishers, Advertising agencies, Brands, SSPs, DSPs, Exchanges to understand their business problems and meld that into a clear product vision that delivers a world class solution to the market.
- Establish and execute product go-to-market strategy, product positioning and messaging in collaboration with Commercial and Marketing teams
- Engage in Business Development activities and POCs, creating partnership an commercial opportunities in collaboration with Commercial and Marketing teams
- Managing feature delivery timelines and communication with leaders and stakeholders on status, risks, and changes
- Build and maintain deep understanding of the advertising market and competitive intelligence to guide decisions and identify new opportunities for product innovation to support the needs of the advertising platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide the best-in-class tools to build cost-effective and quality products for our global clients.
- Conduct ongoing research including meeting with internal stakeholders and clients to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs and KPIs to inform value driven delivery and adoption.
- Provide pricing guidance to Sales and manage the overall business growth for the product line
- Anticipating and evaluating risks and making trade-offs to deliver products that scale, quickly
- Work cross-functionally with Engineers, CX, Designers, TPMs, QAEs, and other Product Managers across various teams to deliver on the product roadmap
- Create mechanisms to continuously monitor the success of our technology against the outcomes that matter most to our customers
- Building strong partnerships with both technical and non-technical internal teams and integration teams externally to ensure product adoption and delivering value to large enterprise customers
- Work closely with UX and engineering to deliver simple intuitive user experiences for our B2B users of the solution and demonstrate these through intuitive demos
- Be the Advertising subject matter expert for Publishers, AdTech, Agency and Brand clients
- Develop and own key performance metrics for your initiatives and guide deep dives as needed to diagnose anomalies, quality reporting, etc.
- Provide written guidance and documentation for sales and other cross-functional teams to support the product line
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Computer Science/Engineering/Design major is preferable or equivalent working experience
- Experience working with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) in the AdTech domain is a plus
- Experience working with standards bodies in Programmatic Advertising space is a plus
- Experience in OTT, CE/CTV or supporting technology partners who develop products for advanced advertising
- Development experience with Gracenote, TMS, ROVI, or other structured entertainment databases a plus.
- Experience with REST APIs is a plus
Nielsen: Enabling your best to power a better media future. Our comprehensive benefits package (including health & wellness plans, 401(k) retirement coupled with a Nielsen match, a generous paid time off policy, company provided car for those who qualify, and if eligible, a discretionary incentive/bonus) is designed to be inclusive for all employees and families, and we take pride in ensuring that employees are rewarded holistically for the role they are doing and their performance.
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be $66,000 - $225,000 which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.