Sr. Manager, Website Strategy
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
Sr. Manager, Website Strategy
Marketing & Communications - Nielsen As stewards of the Nielsen brand and reputation, we drive company growth through compelling marketing and communications initiatives. Living our values of inclusion, courage and growth, we enable Nielsen to power a better media future for all people.
Integrated Marketing The Channel Marketing Team, within Integrated Marketing, leads the owned channel strategy, activation and optimization for the enterprise. Managing all marketing levers to drive specific outcomes for stakeholders including B2B & B2C lead and revenue generation and enterprise initiatives. This cross channel team develops and manages stakeholder strategies and execution on digital properties (including Nielsen.com), email, mobile and social properties.
Reporting into the Vice President of Channel Marketing, in this role you will drive Nielsen’s audience first global website strategy and digital user experiences. You will partner with a team of subject matter experts responsible for user experience design and optimization, content creation, localization and governance, SEO, and the measurement and optimization of site performance with the goal of driving business outcomes. In partnership with website product, production and development team members, you will work across Marketing to bring digital strategy to life on Nielsen.com to support campaigns and create high performing digital experiences.
- Develop and articulate a global website vision and strategy that will shape Nielsen.com now and in the future, delivering best in class experiences that meet on stakeholder business needs and business outcomes
- Develop Nielsen.com’s site strategy globally including enabling the creation of localized, multilingual content and user experiences in key markets, in partnership with content and Marketing and Comms teams
- Advocate and evangelize an audience first approach to developing, implementing and executing digital experiences
- Partner with Marketing leadership and enterprise stakeholders to capture business needs and turn them into executable digital experiences and activations
- Partner with the Marketing Tech, Data and Analytics team to deliver on business needs and maintain a steady roadmap of site innovations and improvements to keep the website channel healthy and performing at driving business outcome
- Lead the site personalization strategy, activation and optimization including working in partnership with Marketing Tech, Data and Analytics to identify and participate in the evaluation of key features and partnerships
- Set, manage and monitor the health of the digital experience by measuring site, page and campaign performance driven by data and enabled by measurement solutions with support from analytics and technology teams
- Partner with Content Marketing and Communications to ensure a steady flow of dynamic site content and creative in alignment with strategic marketing plans
- Influence change and champion growth across Marketing and beyond through communication and consultation of website best practices, socialization of new learnings, and achievement business outcomes
- Support content audits, providing guidance to content contributors in tagging and keyword strategy
- Own and maintain the website architect strategy (wireframe best practices / modeling, user journeys, UX, messaging, taxonomy, and site map)
- 5+ years experience in B2B Marketing, Media, and/or related field, two years of team or program leadership a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Technology or related field
- Fundamental knowledge of the interplay between content, technology and people
- Confident using quantitative and qualitative data to make informed decisions about the strategy and execution of digital user experiences and content
- Understanding of information architecture and taxonomy principles
- Experience with global web strategy, implementation and optimization
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Experience with Brightedge or similar SEO platforms
- Understanding of content personalization and measurement tools (i.e. Optimizely, Google Optimize 360, Google Analytics 360, etc.)
- A proactive, goal-oriented team player able to work independently and collectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and interest in learning new web-based tools or platforms
- Strong relationship skills capable of developing, maintaining and growing internal and external strategic relationships across partners and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to influence at all levels of the company through clear communication
- Versatile, scrappy professional who can roll up their sleeves and execute any of the tactical work on the team
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Energetic, passionate, with an appetite to grow
Nielsen: Enabling your best to power a better media future. Our comprehensive benefits package (including health & wellness plans, 401(k) retirement coupled with a Nielsen match, a generous paid time off policy, company provided car for those who qualify, and if eligible, a discretionary incentive/bonus) is designed to be inclusive for all employees and families, and we take pride in ensuring that employees are rewarded holistically for the role they are doing and their performance.
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be between $50,000 - $185,000 which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.