Credit and Collections Analyst
Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to enrich our lives and make life better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
· Panasonic Retirement Pension Plan (RPP/DCPP)
· Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
· Generous Parental Leave Top Up
· Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Purchase Program
· Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
· Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Panasonic Canada Inc. offers a Flexible Work Options policy which includes the ability to work remote, mobile, and create a compressed work schedule.
Bilingual Credit and Collections Analyst:
Coordinates and executes accounts receivable activities for an assigned portfolio of accounts to ensure payments are received within the term, securing revenue by verifying and resolving any discrepancies. Maximizes sales by recommending credit as per policy guidelines. Processes credit applications, credit history files, releases orders on credit hold, and prepares period statistical and summary reports. Performs vigilant risk assessments and completes account maintenance reviews accurately and promptly to mitigate risk of bad debt and the impact of cash flow. Reviews and/or coordinates deduction, collection, reconciliation to the general ledger, and compilation of accounts receivable reports.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
1. Reviews and follow-ups on all assigned accounts daily to ensure cash flow objectives are reached, bad debts are minimized. Creates and maintains working relationships with our account stakeholders to ensure acceptable levels of customer goodwill. Reviews and updates accounts daily including recommending credit limits, placing accounts on hold, releasing orders, reviewing collection notes and aged balances. Escalates issues with the appropriate business unit and designated sales representatives. Looks for and discloses any sense of customers relative to changing financial prosperity.
2. Performs credit risk assessments; researches and obtains appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts and makes recommendations of credit limit for approval. Leads annual credit reviews of assigned accounts in compliance with company credit policy. Preforms required SOX audits
3. Liaises with sales departments and customers to identify and resolve problem areas. This may include participation in monthly sales meetings, and customer site visits. Gives credit references to other suppliers as required.
4. Reconciles, follows up, and resolves outstanding issues, items, or discrepancies. Creates and analyzes reports, provides recommendations as required. Recommends write-off items when deemed uncollectable. Reviews accounts receivable allocations and ensures it aligns with conversations with assigned accounts. Provides support to other team members in the event of absence. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Community College diploma in Business Management or Accounting, or acceptable equivalent. Minimum 3 to 4 years related work experience. More experience required with less formal education. Progress toward a CCP would be an asset.
- Sound working knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Problem solving involves determining new customers credit worthiness, at which point product should not be shipped due to credit concerns, convincing customers to pay.
- Credit will be granted based on established guidelines for bad debt loss and past due situations, in addition to the collection of moderately extensive information with some complex elements.
- Establishment of rapport with large customer base is critical for this sensitive area. Some time is also spent on exchange of information.
- Some time is spent exerting influence to encourage payment of accounts. Other significant contacts are internal Account Managers, division or product Coordinators, and department management.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.