Sr. Systems Engineer (PENA)
In this role, the Sr. System Engineer will serve as a technical expert in the areas of infrastructure related to manufacturing information systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the development and enhancement of our key manufacturing applications, which include platform/application for Asset Management, Quality Management System and Environment, Health & Safety. He/She will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including maintenance, quality, EHS and operations to drive product strategy, define product roadmaps, and deliver solutions that meet business objectives.
- Lead the product development lifecycle from ideation to launch, ensuring timely delivery and alignment with business goals
- Run daily SCRUMS with Product Vendors and monitor progress
- Define and prioritize product features based on business priorities
- Collaborate with maintenance and operations teams to translate requirements into user stories, wireframes, and prototypes
- Work closely with MES, SCADA, PLM, and rest of the Manufacturing Operations Management team in Digital Transformation group to implement best practices across the board
- Analyze product performance metrics, user feedback, and operational results to iterate and optimize product features and functionalities
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for the product internally
- Work with Vendor teams to review the product before go-live
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing products from concept to implementation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, technologies, and industry trends
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and product management tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 50%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.