Investment Banking Associate - Restructuring
Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is actively seeking an Associate to join our Advisory business in New York, New York.
- Build complex financial valuation models, perform detailed credit analysis, and prepare other ad hoc financial analyses to provide comprehensive advisory services in restructuring transactions.
- Monitor and analyze financial information (economic, capital markets, and corporate developments) to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions.
- Conduct company and industry research.
- Engage in company and credit-oriented research and due diligence processes.
- Assist in preparing and presenting client discussion materials.
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant situations and be an active contributor to deal teams.
- Generate ideas and provide leverage to senior bankers on new business opportunities through ongoing coverage of topical situations and industries.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Build network of contacts in the restructuring community.
- Manage workflow for junior bankers to ensure deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Train and develop junior bankers.
- Requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field and two (2) years of experience as a Financial Analyst or related position involving financial advisory services. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field and five (5) years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as Financial Analyst or related position involving financial advisory services.
- Demonstrated experience must include performing: Complex financial analysis and modelling to provide strategic reviews on individual companies in restructuring transactions, including collection and financial analysis of operational data on various companies; Conducting company valuations through the development of financial models, including pricing analysis, cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, merger plans, leverage buyout analysis, credit analysis, contribution analysis, ability to pay analysis, sum-of-the-parts analysis and other valuation analyses; Engaging in client relationship management and reporting outcomes of financial analysis to clients and consulting with clients on various financial and operational needs; Monitoring and assessing macro and micro economic conditions and economic forecasts, and presenting findings to clients and management; Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses and synthesis of data and information across multiple sectors, and for individual companies; Participating in due diligence, using Excel, PowerPoint, various market data systems, and performing analyses of income growth, quality of management, market share and potential sector risks; Developing and creating financial projections, and preparing marketing and management presentation materials; Performing debt document and credit agreement analysis to deliver custom capital solutions and debt negotiation strategies
- Must have FINRA Series 79 and Security Industry Essentials (SIE) licensure.
The annualized base salary for this position is $185,000 - $225,000 per year.
The annualized base salary range represents low and high ends of the base pay range for this position. The specific base salary an employee in this job classification receives depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to, geographic work location, prior employment history/experience, job-related knowledge, qualifications and skills, etc.
Base pay is just one component of PWP’s total compensation package that may be available to employees. Depending on the position and other factors, other rewards may also include discretionary bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and Firm policies.
PWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer