Investment Banking Associate- Energy Advisory, Houston
Perella Weinberg Partners
TPH is actively seeking an Associate to join our Houston team. Associates at TPH work closely with highly seasoned professionals as members of lean deal teams providing a broad range of M&A advisory services to the Firm’s clients, with a focus on high profile, complex engagements and transactions.
- Build complex financial valuation models
- Assist in preparing client presentations
- Conduct company and industry research
- Provide ideas and leverage to senior bankers on new business opportunities
- Develop and deliver expert industry knowledge
- Monitor and analyze financial information (economic, industrial, and corporate developments) to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in advising clients on deals
- Engage in due diligence processes
- Oversee analysts in the preparation and analysis of presentation and transaction materials
- Develop and provide guidance to analyst resources
- Establish and maintain the respect and trust of clients
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years Energy investment banking experience or MBA with 1 - 2 years’ post-MBA energy investment banking experience preferred
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of industrials industry participants, performance drivers, trends and challenges
- Prior work experience with accounting, financial or market data, databases, or analysis tools (Factset, CapitalIQ, SNL, Bloomberg), Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment and enjoy collaborating with others on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial modeling, finance, and accounting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Desire to take initiative
The TPH Difference:
Deal teams at TPH are small, enabling Associates to have a meaningful role in their projects and gain direct exposure to clients and senior bankers across the firm. Associates are expected to take on an outsized level of responsibility and can expect early and high level interaction with clients and their senior management teams.
The annualized base salary for this position is $110,000 - $150,000.
The annualized base salary range represents low and high ends of the base pay range for this position. The specific base salary an employee in this job classification receives depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to, geographic work location, prior employment history/experience, job-related knowledge, qualifications and skills, etc.
Base pay is just one component of PWP’s total compensation package that may be available to employees. Depending on the position and other factors, other rewards may also include discretionary bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and Firm policies.