Investment Banking Associate- Restructuring
Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is actively seeking an Associate to join our Advisory business as a member of our Restructuring Group based in NY. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of highly seasoned professionals focusing on providing comprehensive advisory services in complex turnaround, distressed, and bankruptcy situations, with a multi-dimensional approach that generates optimal outcomes for all stakeholders.
Associates at Perella Weinberg Partners work as members of lean deal teams providing a broad range of services to the Firm’s clients. Junior Bankers will work on high profile, complex engagements and transactions in close coordination with senior bankers across multiple disciplines.
- Build complex financial valuation models, perform detailed credit analysis, and prepare other ad hoc financial analyses
- Assist in preparing and presenting client discussion materials
- Manage analyst workflow to ensure deliverables are of the highest quality
- Engage in company and credit-oriented research and due diligence processes Conduct company and industry research
- Generate ideas and provide leverage to senior bankers on new business opportunities through ongoing coverage of topical situations and industries
- Monitor and analyze financial information (economic, capital markets, and corporate developments) to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant situations and be an active contributor to deal teams
- Establish and maintain the respect and trust of clients
- Build network of contacts in the restructuring community
- Dedicate time to mentor and teach analysts
- Restructuring or related relevant experience required
- Dedication to performing at a high level in a team-oriented environment
- Prior work experience with accounting, financial and market data, databases, or analysis tools (Factset, CapIQ, Bloomberg), Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment and enjoy collaborating with others on projects
- An advanced understanding of, and demonstrated interest in industry trends and relevant transactions
- Familiarity with credit documents, common terms and capital structure analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial modeling, finance, valuation and accounting skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once
- Desire to take initiative and seek an increasing level of responsibility on projects
- Superior attention to detail
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of investment banking experience, or an MBA; Background in leveraged finance, high yield research or financial restructuring preferred
- An ability to lead and oversee analysts in the preparation and analysis of presentation and transaction materials
- Leadership skills to provide oversight to analysts in the preparation and analysis of presentation and transaction materials
The annualized base salary for this position is $185,000 - $225,000.
The annualized base salary range represents low and high ends of the base pay range for this position. The specific base salary an employee in this job classification receives depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to, geographic work location, prior employment history/experience, job-related knowledge, qualifications and skills, etc.
Base pay is just one component of PWP’s total compensation package that may be available to employees. Depending on the position and other factors, other rewards may also include discretionary bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and Firm policies.
PWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer