Tax Compliance & Reporting Director
Perella Weinberg Partners
The Director of Tax Compliance and Reporting will join the corporate finance group and report to the Head of Tax. The Director of Tax Compliance and Reporting will assist the Head of Tax with overseeing PWP’s corporate and partnership tax compliance obligations worldwide. This role will also be responsible for overseeing PWP’s quarterly and annual tax provision process. This position will be located in our Houston office.
- Support the Head of Tax by managing all aspects of PWP’s tax compliance process, working closely with outside advisors on corporate and partnership federal, state, local and foreign tax returns.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and year-end tax provision calculations for the US consolidation and foreign subsidiaries and related financial statement disclosures under ASC 740 and FRS 102.
- Produce forecasts of income tax expense, cash taxes and effective income tax rates to support internal and external reporting functions and tax distribution planning.
- Responsible for reviewing tax returns, K-1s/K-3s, and other investor tax reporting.
- Responsible for quarterly partnership distributions, PTET estimates, and withholding estimates.
- Research technical tax issues and concisely and clearly document conclusions.
- Assist with the implementation of new tax policies, strategies, and procedures to support tax and other cross-functional initiatives, as appropriate.
- Respond to IRS, foreign and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices; Communicate with relevant parties in connection with audits, inquiries and tax notices.
- Identify, develop, and direct the implementation of technology tools and process improvements to reduce low-value data collection time and efforts, and increase resource focus on analysis of results and variances; Direct the effort to re-engineer processes and document procedures.
- Perform review of all filings upon completion by outside service providers as applicable.
- Be involved in various strategic special projects.
- 7-9 years of experience with partnership experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting, Finance, or Economics major preferred.
- MBA, Master in Taxation or Master in Accounting degree preferred.
- Experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm or large organization or a combination of both.
- Experience managing the tax compliance process for a multinational organization or clients is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ASC 740: Accounting for Income Taxes is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.