2024 Summer Internship - Account Analyst, APAC (Tokyo)
PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives – regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
2024 Summer Internship – Account Analyst, APAC (Tokyo)
Internship positions are located in Tokyo. Candidates must be fluent in English and Japanese to apply.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Master’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 – June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
You’ll excel as an Account Analyst if you:
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess proficient to advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Show ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable them to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Possess a passion for process enhancement through technology enablement (e.g. AI, programming, data modelling)
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
See yourself as an Account Analyst:
You’ll serve in a dynamic role, responsible for supporting the servicing of PIMCO’s Institutional clients and/or Global Wealth Management (GWM) businesses. Your primary responsibility will be to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. During your internship, you will gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients, and support business development activities in the region.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Summer Internship Program beginning in early/mid-June 2024
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns.
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.