Senior HR Business Partner
PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients’ capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world’s largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are seeking a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) with experience in Asset Management to act as a trusted advisor to PIMCO’s business heads and senior leadership, focusing on a broad range of talent initiatives designed to attract, retain, and develop top talent within the EMEA market. Within this role, you will serve as a partner to the business in providing sustainable HR solutions and partner with the HR functions to deliver value-added services and programs that align to PIMCO’s Values (Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility, and Excellence).
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities supporting the business, you will take ownership of key initiatives and driving projects to completion. The position is based in London but covers the whole EMEA region and reports to the Head of EMEA HR, Global Talent Acquisition & Learning.
- Partner with the business to understand their goals and objectives, and design and implement a people strategy aligned to those objectives
- Build trusted advisor relationships across all levels; provide consultative, strategic, and tactical guidance to support client groups’ organizational planning and development initiatives
- Coach, guide, and mentor managers and senior leaders in their leadership functions and responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line-managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to support business objectives and accelerate employee success and career growth
- Work closely with business and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Meet the business’ day-to-day tactical demands while building and maintaining credibility via sound execution, availability, expertise and resourcefulness
- Collaborate with HR Functions to lead initiatives related to talent management, organizational design, compensation, and workforce planning; sensitively and effectively drive change within client groups as appropriate
- Increase capacity for consultative support by championing HR self-service tools as appropriate
- Proactively manage and mitigate risk with the Employee Relations Team, and apply a nuanced understanding of how to assess and evaluate HR risk in the context of PIMCO's strategic and commercial objectives
- Collaborate with Workforce Analytics to enable data-driven decision making
- Stay abreast of new developments in HR strategies and practices, externally as well as internally
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Significant HR generalist experience with working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including talent management, employee relations, workforce planning, and compensation practices.
- Asset Management experience is required.
- Evidence-based, adaptable problem solver, thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with employees
- Experience working in a matrix organization, effectively collaborating across functional areas and exposure to global offices to ensure that human capital initiatives align as appropriate across the broader organization
- Organizational and project management skills with high attention to detail
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), client -support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and has a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team
- High EQ and emotional maturity team player; strong collaborator, straight-forward with strong work ethic and high integrity
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.