Portfolio Manager/Trader - EM Rates & Currencies
PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients’ capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world’s largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a Portfolio Manager/Trader focused on EM Asia rates and currency markets. This individual should be able to add value in alternative/RV strategies as well as traditional strategies. The position will be based in Singapore
- Execute trades across multiple underlying physical and derivative instruments in EM Asia rates and currency
- Formulate PIMCO’s investment strategies in EM Asia rates and currency markets, and generate alpha for a broad set of PIMCO’s client portfolios, including liquid alternative/RV portfolios
- Coordinate with other portfolio managers, traders and sovereign analysts in Asia and global EM teams for alpha generation
- Aid in building out infrastructure/processes for Asian traded markets
- Demonstrated ability to generate profitable ideas/strategies in EM Asia macro space and execute trades to enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
- Experience (or knowledge) of portfolio management, broadly including experience in rates, currencies and derivatives, as well as a firm macro-economic foundation
- Strong academic credentials and achievement
- Demonstrated experience working as a team player in an organization
- Desired experience may come from sell or buy side (including hedge funds) or both
Critical Competencies for Success
- Generate alpha in Asia markets under different market environments
- A keen intellect and strong quantitative skills, demonstrated through an ability to recognize inter-related market opportunities and develop strategies for capturing such opportunities
- Understanding of macro-economics, the drivers of economic trends, and local market technical and dynamics
- Ability to work across the organization in a collaborative manner
- Strong communication skills, internally and externally
- Bachelor degree required/advanced degree a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.