VP, Compliance Officer
PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients’ capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world’s largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is a preeminent leader across fixed income strategies, including registered 40 Act funds, and is expanding its capabilities across a broad range of opportunistic and alternative strategies in the private fund space. The individual will support the investment adviser compliance program, including private fund servicing. This position will be based in our corporate headquarters in Newport Beach, CA.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the investment adviser compliance program in the following areas, among others: leading the 206(4)-7 annual review process; assisting in drafting policies and procedures and other compliance-related documents, communications, and internal reporting; handling investment-related issues, conflicts of interest and governance matters as they relate to regulatory compliance; and training and education.
This position requires a professional with diplomatic and analytical skills who can flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate. Strong writing skills are required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development and implementation of the investment adviser compliance program, working closely with members of the Compliance Department globally to drive enhancement and ensure consistency globally
- Lead the 206(4)-7 206(4)-7 annual risk assessment, testing and annual review process
- Draft and implement policies, procedures, memos and internal and external communications
- Identify and address situations involving conflicts of interest
- Handle regulatory compliance aspects of alternatives/private funds business
- Work with various teams and departments including Legal, Portfolio Management, and client facing teams to identify and address regulatory matters
- Must take initiative in learning and applying new skills and regulations
- Proactively respond to business and regulatory changes
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally
- Intelligent, bright, critical thinker, and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas
- Service-oriented; the ability to balance regulatory and policy standards along with a business perspective
- A highly motivated self-starter with the willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and the ability to drive change
- Exceptional organizational skills; the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, follow up, produce consistently accurate work, and meet strict deadlines
- Highly flexible, multi-task oriented: capable of rapidly changing directions based on business demands
- Consensus builder and team player with the ability to work well within a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural skills, and sensitivities to work effectively in a global organization
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of PIMCO
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word and Excel
- Minimum 8 years of regulatory compliance experience with a large and diverse investment management firm serving in a compliance function or within the investment management/regulatory practice at a top-tier law firm, focused on both registered 40 Act products and private funds
- An undergraduate degree is required, graduate degree or Juris Doctorate preferred
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to US investment managers and broker-dealers, including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Strong background in fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, commodities and equity strategies offered in a variety of investment products including (i.e., open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, ETFs, separate accounts and private funds)
Salary Range: $ 122,000.00 - $ 195,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.