Commercial Loan Operations Manager - Agency
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
As a Commercial Loan Operations Manager-Agency within PNC's Commercial Lending Operations organization, you will be based in a remote location.
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
The Commercial Loan Operations Manager-Agency will require someone with technical experience and background to drive the technology build and efforts, along with the following qualifications:
- Management-level experience
- Commercial Operations and Lending experience
- Closing and Booking function experience at a Commercial Lending level
- UAT testing and Agile experience
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of work experiences, and in-depth knowledge, in the following areas:
• Transaction/production (high)
• Process review, streamlining, automation experience
• Recruitment, development of cross-training plans and development
• Focus on processing quality and controls (high dollar transactions) metrics and ability to drive improvements
• Knowledge with Libor replacement pricing options (SOFR/BSBY)
• Experience with Foreign currency transactions
• Experience with account reconciliation
• Controls, approvals, and verifications around transactions
• Error rate and error analysis (root cause)
• Up and down management/communication
• Preparation and leading touchpoints and executive update meetings
• Experience leading process change, including application of technology
- Knowledge of LSTA market convention on primary and secondary markets
- Strong familiarity with syndicated loan agreements and LSTA Model Credit Agreement Provisions
- Direct experience support syndicated loans, preferably as an administrative agent
- Participates in the development of the operations strategy. Executes operating plan and communicates strategy to operations team. Responsible for two or more functions across one or more sites, or may manage a complex product, function or location. Manages managers, supervisors and/or individual contributors. May participate in industry forums.
- Manages and is responsible for achieving desired business results. Acts as a senior point of escalation and resolves exceptions and complex process and product support problems. Review and provide oversight on end to end processes of varying risk and financial value. May interact with customers and/or third parties to drive business results and in resolving escalated issues.
- Manages all human resources related activities for direct and indirect reports and maintains employee engagement. Provides coaching and development to team members, supervisors and/or managers. Leads staff meetings, communicates strategy and translates into tactical operating plans.
- Provides consultation and advice to service partners and customers. Identifies and influences strategic improvement initiatives and serves as a representative or a project sponsor for operations group on projects. Develops, reviews and/or approves standard operating procedures as appropriate. Recommends and/or drives policy improvements.
- Oversees and/or owns the control framework for unit(s) of responsibility. Reviews reports and/or key risk indicators to identify exceptions, monitor quality and ensure effective quality risk management. Manages and is accountable for risk mitigation and business resiliency activities and/or strategies. May review transactions and related documents. Verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels, department controls, risk tolerance and applicable procedures.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesDecision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Internal Resource Coordination – Knowledge of the techniques, tools and applications associated with coordination of internal resources; ability to synchronize and integrate activities, responsibilities, and command and control structures to ensure that internal resources are used most efficiently in pursuit of business objectives.Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Problem Management Process – Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.Standard Operating Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.