Capital Markets Sr Associate - Str/Org(F)
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Capital Markets Sr. Associate within PNC's Asset Backed Finance organization, you will be based in New York, New York.
Preferences: Financial modeling & risk analysis experience
Licenses required: Asset Backed Finance SIE, 7, 79 and 63 within 180 days of employment
This position is primarily based in a location within PNC's footprint.
- Using independent judgement and discretion, performs complex financial analyses, conducts research, facilitates due diligence and prepares documents related to capital markets transactions and relationships.
- Works as part of an assigned team in the origination, structuring and execution of capital markets solutions.
- Performs complex financial analyses and modeling, conducts research and prepares reports and supporting documents. Leads core work-sets such as due diligence, document processing and industry/company analyses using independent judgement on key indicators. Provides coaching to Analyst and Associate.
- Partners with senior team members in developing pitches and memorandums, developing new initiatives, executing transactions and providing client relationship support.
- Develops and maintains advanced industry, client, product, market and regulatory knowledge. Maintains high proficiency with all tools, systems and other resources. Initiates process improvement solutions.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Alignment – Enrolls stakeholders in communicating and coordinating activities to support the organization's vision and strategies.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Financial Engineering – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and practices for creating a mix of financial instruments that will leverage a client's financial resources to an acceptable level of risk.Financial Services Industry – Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.Internal Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of internal marketing strategies and ability to look, listen for, and communicate opportunities for providing new or enhanced services to internal clients.Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Sales Function – Knowledge of and the ability to conduct daily and strategic activities in an organization's sales function.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: $55,000 - $150,000
Placement within the compensation range is based on the specific role and the following factors:
Individual salary may vary by geographic location / market data
Lower in range – Building skills and experience in the job
Mid-range – Experience and skills align with proficiency in the role
Higher in range – Experience and skills add value above typical requirements of the role
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.