Investor Relations Analyst, Solebury Strategic Communications
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As an Investor Relations Analyst within PNC's Solebury Strategic Communication organization, you will be based in Stamford or New York.
- Works with Solebury's senior advisory team to assist CEOs, CFOs and Investor Relations Officers in managing their relationships with investors, equity research analysts and other stakeholders.
- Assists in development and maintenance of client investor relations strategies, plans, and activities. Organizes collected information and results to assist in developing content for quarterly financial results, including earnings presentations, press releases, scripts, and Q&A documents.
- Manages the investor relations portion of client's web site. Organizes logistics for investor conferences, non deal road shows, earnings calls, and investor meetings. Monitors and summarizes research analyst reports for senior management.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive buy-side database, investor call log and email distribution list. Manages requests from investors and other stakeholders.
- Research prospective clients and industries and develops presentations for business development meetings.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Ability to design, implement and execute CRM business processes and associated applications.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Marketing Strategy and Positioning – Knowledge of and ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.Market Research – Knowledge of and ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.Teamwork – Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: $65,000 - $84,500
Salaries may vary within the range based on geographic location, market data and on individual skills, experience, and education.
Role is incentive eligible with the payment based upon company, business and/or individual performance.
Application Window: Generally, this opening is expected to be posted for 48 business hours from 2/7/2024, although longer with business discretion
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.