Business Development Officer III - Vendor Finance
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Business Development Officer III within PNC's Vendor Finance organization, you can be based in locations across the PNC footprint.
** Significant new business development experience in the construction, transportation, and industrial segments within Vendor/Equipment Finance is required. Required experience consists of 8+ years leading business development opportunities to solicit large Manufacturers and Distributors in order to onboard new, national vendor programs.
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- Performs business development activities for credit-based leasing products through active solicitation and cultivation of new vendor-based finance programs in assigned industry sectors. Works with minimal supervision.
- Prospects, expands and strengthens a deep network of contacts within equipment, software and other types of targeted vendors within assigned industry sectors. Drives sales strategy execution for delivering new vendor finance program opportunities.
- Develops comprehensive vendor leasing/financing solutions structured to meet client needs, drive client acceptance and achieve new business development goals. Gathers and prepares information/materials necessary to complete the new business development process. Prepares and articules recommendations for approval, delivery and execution for new vendor finance program opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive vendor leasing/financing capabilities and proposal presentations to targeted new vendors. Directs negotiation and documentation of new vendor programs.
- Interacts with internal partners of the largest size and complexity and vendor personnel to complete the new business development process and successfully implement and onboard new vendor programs. Performs or assists in performing various activities as required in each case, including sales activities for financing opportunities under new vendor programs, to effect a successful launch of new programs and to achieve the highest possible level of sales volume and overall client satisfaction.
- Manages risk/return and actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk for new vendors & clients, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesCompetitive Environment – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.Credit Analysis and Verification – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Engineering – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and practices for creating a mix of financial instruments that will leverage a client's financial resources to an acceptable level of risk.Knowledge of Underwriting – Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.Prospecting – Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.