Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist Sr
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist Sr within PNC's Enterprise Risk Management organization, this position is primarily based in a location within PNC's footprint. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely at manager's discretion.
As an Insurance Risk Specialist Senior, you will be a member of PNC's Corporate Insurance team, which is a part of Independent Risk Management reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. We offer a hybrid work environment, with a focus on work/life balance. Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, managing all aspects of the captive insurance entity, overseeing the risk management information system, and monitoring the budget/invoicing. This role will also lead and/or participate in special projects initiated by the Corporate Insurance Department. In this role you will also act as a strategic partner to PNC's lines of business, balancing risk mitigation and adherence to PNC policies with a problem-solving mindset to support PNC's strategic vision. You will work closely with various PNC entities, insurance brokers and insurance carriers to assist in identifying and managing evolving insurable risks for the company.
Ideal candidate will have:
• In-depth knowledge of captive operations/management, including reviewing loss runs; identifying costs/benefits of insurable v. retained risks, and participation in claim reviews & strategy sessions with senior management
• Management of Risk Management Information System experience, including user administration, report production, and user training
• Multi-line commercial insurance experience
• Ability to assess external and industry developments (including regulatory) to identify emerging/material insurance risks
• Experience maintaining and managing compliance with a risk framework, including policies, and procedures to ensure strong risk governance
• Familiarity with internal invoice requisitions and billing document preparation for approval
• Associate in Risk Management, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, or other insurance designations preferred
- Implements insurance programs which reduce insurable losses to the organization. Manages claims and customer service administration.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships including, carriers, brokers, and other various insurance vendors.
- Designs and manages various insurance programs which helps ensure alignment to the enterprise and business risk appetite.
- Directs and designs the claims administration and loss control activities across the organization. Ensures the quality of data and makes recommendations to management. Serves as the claims expert for PNCs insurance legal entities.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and supplier insurance requirements. Manages business resiliency and capabilities relating to third-party data and service providers.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesClaim Investigation – Knowledge of and ability to gather necessary information to determine damage, liability, subrogation and other case-specific issues related to claim investigation.Insurance Industry – Knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations; ability to apply insurance knowledge and experience into various business environments.Insurance Policies Management – Knowledge of issues, components, content and operations related to insurance policies; ability to create, revise, implement and manage the policies.Knowledge Of Claims – Knowledge of and ability to identify and utilize the full spectrum of activities, practices, tools, and considerations for managing the claims adjustment process.Knowledge Of Insurance Operations – Knowledge of the full spectrum of activities, practices, tools and considerations for insurance operations; ability to apply this knowledge to provide administrative support to the insurance business.Liability Loss Control – Knowledge of practices, tools and techniques used to assess loss exposures in insurable events and ability to recommend solutions to mitigate liability risks.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.