Part Time Teller
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a part-time Teller within PNC's retail banking organization, you will be based in Goldsboro, NC.
- Manages one or more teams that oversees one or more critical operational support services, processes, capabilities or initiatives within an operational unit, and ensures performance and/or risk indicators are met.
- Provides leadership for the strategic development and/or implementation of critical business support services, processes, capabilities or initiatives within an operational unit, and ensures performance and/or risk indicators are met .
- Responsible for all HR related activities for direct and indirect reports and maintains employee engagement. Provides coaching and development to team members .
- Gains understanding, acceptance and support for business support services, methods, capabilities or initiatives through consulting with executives, business partners and team members to communicate, educate, and socialize process, progress and challenges .
- Identifies and leads the resolution of compliance issues and risk mitigation activities. Drives process effectiveness/efficiency and continuous process assessment and improvement efforts. Oversees adherence to policies, practices, and standards. Leads resolution of compliance issues and risk mitigation activities .
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesBusiness Process Design – Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing organizational performance; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Problem Management Process – Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.