Software Engineering Mgr Sr
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Software Engineering Manager Sr within PNC's Enterprise Technology's EIM organization, you will be based in Cleveland, OH. The position is primarily based in a PNC location. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at the manager’s discretion.
The Master Data Manager (MDM) team has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager Sr responsible to plan, design, and implement solutions software solutions in a high throughput, low latency transaction processing environments. The ideal candidate is a strong technical leader, highly motivated and innovative, passionate about technology, creates strong partnerships, and has a proven track record for architecting and delivering mission critical solutions that meet customers’ needs, aligned to enterprise standards, and are cost effective.
In this position, you will:
• Provide thought leadership for the constant architecture evolution within the application.
• Work with Architectural Leadership to drive out the strategic roadmap for the application and ensure appropriate architectural and technical items are suitably prioritized.
• Work with Product Owners to ensure prioritization and delivery of business priorities in a timely manner via the monthly releases.
• Be responsible for compliance to all architecture and technology standards and handle any exceptions and vulnerabilities.
• Handle all the responsibilities for the application mnemonic as the “Change the Bank” ASM
• Partner with RTB to ensure constant uptime for the CL0 app (available 24x7)
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Experience architecting and operating mission critical, high volume, low latency services.
• Experienced with architecting high performance application data services against data stores with very large amounts of data.
• Experience with real time data tools such as Kafka, OCP, etc.
• Experience with MongoDB for very large DB applications
• Experience with distributed compute solutions
• Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to translate complex technical information for senior management and product team.
• Experience providing technical thought leadership across an organization.
• Experience with working on a Global delivery model with offshore – onshore resources.
Required Skills Include:
• Microservices / OpenShift / Container management
• Kafka / Data Streaming
• Complex problem solving
• Application monitoring and alerting
• SAFe Agile awareness a plus
• Need to have at least 10+ years of Experience in Leadership Role
• Resource Development
• Leading Diverse Team
• Delivery and Production Support – Both Project Work and Production
PNC will not provide sponsorship for employment visas or participate in STEM OPT for this position.
- Manage a group of software engineers/managers across multiple product lines.
- Oversee the talent management of engineering talent, including recruiting, mentoring, and enabling a culture of learning with a focus on engineering craftsmanship.
- Foster technological innovation, ensuring adoption of current trends, capabilities, and practices emerging in the market. Encourage sound technology choices are made and drive innovative technology architecture and solution design.
- Identify issues, share best practices, and drive continuous improvement.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAgile Development – Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Coaching Others – Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.Continuous Learning – Seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own performance and that of others.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Innovation – Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary will commensurate with experience and skills.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.