Marketing Manager - PNC Private Bank & PNC Private Bank Hawthorn
Position OverviewCompany Overview: PNC’s Marketing organization is on a journey to redefine what great marketing looks like and to serve as an innovative growth engine for the business. We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing professional to join our team and drive line of business marketing for PNC Private Bank and PNC Private Bank Hawthorn which each respectively serves our high-net worth and ultra-high net worth wealth segments. If you are passionate about developing and executing marketing plans, we want to hear from you.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
Position Summary: As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving the marketing strategy and planning for PNC Private Bank and PNC Private Bank Hawthorn as well as guiding your team to execute in line with the vision and strategy for the work. You’ll play a key role in meeting senior business leaders to understand business objectives and translate those into compelling marketing strategies while at the same time delivering outstanding and measurable omni-channel campaigns focused on driving awareness and deepening client relationships. This role requires somebody with a strategic mindset but who can also quickly react to urgent business needs, to deliver value add initiatives with positive ROI.
You will be based in one of PNC’s primary locations: Pittsburgh, PA; Cleveland, OH; Chicago, IL, or Philadelphia, PA/Wilmington, DE. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at the manager’s discretion.
- People Management:
o Leads and motivates a team of 3 highly talented marketers to deliver outstanding deliverables and results
o Works with the team to drive prioritization, effective input brief writing, omni-channel campaign creation and efficient capacity overflow support, as needed, across the broader team
o Supports the growth and development of individual team members
o Promotes a diverse and inclusive environment to expand thinking
o Enables change and innovation to help transform our business
- Strategic Mindset:
o Ability to translate business goals and objectives into marketing strategies driving customer journeys from awareness to purchase.
o Formulates omnichannel tactical plans that acquire, grow, and retain customers through (but not limited to) digital, social, search, direct marketing channels.
o Manages the marketing budget while ensuring all activities are optimized and delivered within the established budget framework.
- Brand Championship
o Serves as a PNC Brand champion with key internal business stakeholders.
o Translates the PNC Brand messaging architecture and attributes into compelling line of business value propositions.
- Data Analytics & Competitive Insights:
o Ability to leverage external competitive insights and internal data to inform the marketing strategy development process and to demonstrate the return on marketing initiatives.
o Collaborates with the Marketing Research teams to develop primary and secondary marketing studies and to implement dashboards tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
o Ensures data collected is synthesized and leveraged effectively to provide appropriate executive level reporting.
- Project & Program Management:
o Supports the development and leads the execution of integrated, multi-channel strategic marketing plans for one or more products, initiatives, or channels.
o Coordinates and influences complex, multi-functional program teams.
o Acts as a point of contact with product and digital teams to coordinate strategy and development.
o Implements and oversees activities including coordination with legal, compliance, finance, risk and other key partners. Leads partnership with agencies, third parties and internal business partners to coordinate development and execution of programs/initiatives.
- Manages and leads the team who is responsible for the development and execution of integrated, multi-channel strategic marketing plans for one or more products/initiatives/channels. Provides strong focus to acquire, grow, and retain customers in support of the product life cycle and line of business goals and objectives.
- Makes determinations and gains alignment on business and marketing objectives, product and business value propositions and market segments by analyzing competitive intelligence and consumer and business insights to drive growth strategies. Leverages thought leadership to build consensus among partners and lead effective team. Ensures team adapts and optimizes to changing business environment.
- Enables the team to translate desired business outcomes into marketing strategy and executes marketing programs/initiatives that may include advertising, sales content and internal communications. Coordinates and influences complex multi-functional program teams. Ensures data collected is synthesized and leveraged effectively to provide appropriate business intelligence.
- Influences the budget while ensuring all operating activities are optimized and delivered within the established budget framework. Establishes the budget and has the capability to apply policies and practices for planning and administering a budget. Manages activities including coordination with legal, compliance, finance, risk and other key partners.
- Responsible for performance management, continuous coaching and development of employees to ensure that they can achieve business results and adapt to evolving business marketing strategies and financial industry changes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesBusiness Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Business Data Analysis – Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of business data; the ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.Collaborating – Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Marketing Function – Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the marketing function or department; ability to execute effective marketing plans and strategies.Matrix Management – Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.