Ground System - Java Software Engineer (Onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:CO102: 16800 E Centretech Pkwy,Aurora 16800 East Centretech Pkwy Building S75, Aurora, CO, 80011 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
**This position is eligible for a Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants**
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
As a Ground Systems Java Software Engineer with the satellite ground systems team, you could directly impact the world around you and contribute to classified programs and technologies. Our small agile teams adapt to evolving customer and warfighter needs. Your software engineering experience will impact the processes, systems, and methods used to operate, manage, and supervise satellite missions from the ground, ensuring the successful operation and longevity of satellite missions.
We are seeking software engineering professionals to work onsite primarily in our Aurora, CO location with secondary location options in Richardson, TX and Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance.
- Develop software for cutting edge satellite ground systems with space network ground segments and users around the world.
- Have a direct impact on the operation of new state of the art satellites that perform intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for multiple customers.
- Experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance.
- Exposure to various technologies and techniques including Multi-Tiered Architectures, Amazon Web Services, Geospatial Visualization Tools, Digital Engineering, and Automation Frameworks that support advanced spacecraft missions.
- Work with modern DevSecOps development practices and utilize Agile processes.
- Work onsite in the SCIF. Flexible work schedules available to include 5/40, 9/80, or 4/10 in Richardson, Dulles, or Aurora.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with backend development working with Java.
- Experience working in a Linux operating systems environment.
- Active and transferable Top Secret U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date.
- Understanding of Software Engineering processes and best practices.
- Proficiency in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience working within LINUX/UNIX operating systems.
- Experience working with applications in the AWS Cloud
- Experience with microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development
- Experience with one or more areas of satellite ground system software such as mission management, planning and scheduling, command and telemetry, satellite operations, or flight dynamics models.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This position requires a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Information about Raytheon's Aurora, CO location Link: Raytheon Aurora, CO Location (rtx.com)
Top 10 Reasons to live and work in Aurora, CO:
Natural Beauty: Aurora boasts over 100 parks and 6,000 acres of open space. The Cherry Creek Reservoir in Cherry Creek State Park is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and camping.
Golf Courses: The city has numerous golf courses, including the award-winning Aurora Hills, Meadow Hills, and Saddle Rock.
Cultural Diversity: Aurora is one of Colorado’s most diverse cities, with a rich blend of cultures and cuisines from all over the world.
Aurora Cultural Arts District (ACAD): This is a hub for arts and culture, with galleries, theaters, and events that celebrate local artists and performers.
Proximity to Denver: Aurora is just a short drive from Denver, giving residents and visitors easy access to all the big city amenities while still maintaining a smaller city feel.
Medical Facilities: The Anschutz Medical Campus is a state-of-the-art medical facility, housing the University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado, among other institutions.
Education: Aurora Public Schools serve the community well, and there are also numerous colleges and higher education institutions in the area.
Shopping and Dining: The Southlands Mall, Aurora's premier shopping and dining destination, offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
Historical Sites: The Aurora History Museum and Historic Sites offer a glimpse into the city’s rich history and heritage.
Community Events: Throughout the year, Aurora hosts a range of community events such as Global Fest, Fourth of July Spectacular, and Punkin Chunkin Colorado.The salary range for this role is 62,000 USD - 124,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms