Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location:North Gate Business Park Sy.No 2/1, and Sy.No 2/2, KIAL Road, Venkatala Village, Chowdeshwari Layout, Yelahanka, Bangalore, Karnataka 560064
Position Role Type:Unspecified
In this role the Systems Engineer is required to perform the end to end Systems engineering activities for various Interiors System products of Collins aerospace. This includes but not limited to Systems Engineering practices per ARP4754A, System requirements definition and management, requirements validation, system architecture design, modeling and simulation analysis, system integration and verification and certification, implementation of Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE). Work with multi-disciplinary teams and coordinate the technical efforts towards realizing project goals.
- Technical coordination with the multi-disciplinary team involving electrical, mechanical and software engineers, control engineering, industrial engineering, organizational studies, and project management.
- Manages overall project requirements, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
- Carry out end-to-end systems engineering activities as per ARP 4754A guidelines. Convert product requirements into total system solutions, lead trade studies, and implement common work practices.
- Manages compliance of the products and processes to aerospace standards like ARP 4754A, ARP 4761, DO-160G, DO-178C, TSOs, etc.
- Implements and promotes digital strategy for systems engineering discipline - MBSE, Digital twins, Automation, etc. with tools like MATLAB/Simulink , SysML, CAMEO, NoMagic, Rational Rhapsody, etc.
- Lead and conduct complete Requirements Management activities for the program using DOORS, Polarion ALM - Requirements elicitation, derivation, decomposition, validation and verification
- Capture and analyze customer specifications, airworthiness, regulations, industrial and decompose into system, sub-system, component, materials, hardware and software requirements.
- Provide recommendations for the generation of verification criteria and plans for the requirements to support integration, development, qualification, and certification activities.
- Support system certification discussions with regulatory authorities like FAA, EASA, etc. and end customers.
- Performs trade studies and defines system architecture for systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Safety analysis of the system architecture and definition of safety requirements as per ARP 4761.
- Drives and Leads product design reviews – SRR ,PDR, CDR, TRR, etc. and RRCAs.
- Support Bid and Proposal activities for new programs for customer requirements review for compliances and customer coordination.
- Drive for continuous growth for the self and the associated team members. Coaching and mentoring to develop successors.
- Support management of technical risks, assumptions & scope creep
- Estimate, track, own and report project technical, cost and schedule aspects for assigned scope of work.
- Participates/leads in Continuous improvement / Kaizen events to improve process maturity and drive productivity savings.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures for Systems Engineering related to programs.
- Drive competency development plan and provide technical trainings related to Systems Engineering
- Propose and support technology projects relevant to the domain.
- B.Tech/M.Tech Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Controls
- 10-13 years of relevant industry experience with at least 8-10 years as a Systems Engineer in system requirements management, system verification and validation, System modelling & simulation, MBSE implementation (preferably using SysML, CAMEO, NoMagic or Rhapsody) for aerospace systems
- Work experience with ARP 4754, ARP-4761, DO-160, DO-254 and DO-178 Certification standards.
- Experience in Electromechanical system development
- Experience with MBSE concepts/tools is highly desired - SysML, CAMEO, NoMagic, Rational Rhapsody, etc.
- Expert in Requirements Writing skills
- Experience with requirement management tools like DOORS, JAMA, Polarion ALM
- Experience in System V-Model, Agile or Waterfall methodology of product development
- Ability to perform / lead design reviews, non-advocate reviews and project reviews
- Working knowledge of Electromechanical, Electrical, Control systems
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and coaching capabilities.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms