Program Manager (Auxiliary Power Unit/Turbojet Programs) (Hybrid)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The P&W Military Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and Turbojet (TJ) Business Unit, located in West Palm Beach, Florida has an immediate opening for a highly experienced, results-driven, energetic Program Manager to lead one or more APU or Turbojet Programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Program Leader and Chairperson of the Program Management Team(s) reporting to the APU Program Director responsible for leading total Program venture (P&L, quality, delivery and Customer Satisfaction, PMT Minimum Operating Standards).
- Train, develop, and coach less experienced PMs.
- Lead strategic and process maturity projects for the APU/TJ business.
- Accountable for all program objectives resolution of conflicting program priorities between Customer, Suppliers and other internal and external partners.
- Ensure program compliance with contract requirements and P&W policies/procedures.
- Responsible for establishing customer satisfaction goals for each program and ensuring that they are met.
- Identify follow-on business, lead proposal teams and ensure that Program planning supports execution of Program Planning, Budgeting and Execution
- Allocate and distribute Program resources, budget, IDWAs and schedule consistent with allocation and availability of resources.
- Ensure all model program, technical, and logistics issues relating to quality escapes, repairs, warranty support, proposals, cost reduction initiatives, engineering changes, new engine production, service bulletin priority and fleet risk management are addressed.
- Monitor Program performance relative to Plan and make necessary adjustments to ensure Program requirements are met.
- Responsible for material in presentations and position papers on the effect of Program decisions for external consumption.
- Determine Build Plan and safety stock levels and ensure that MRP dates accurately reflect the agreed plan, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Partner with the Product Cost Reduction IPMT to set and achieve Program cost targets - Review part sourcing decisions to ensure cost target strategies are being maintained.
- Ensure that the Aftermarket business strategy aligns with the overall Program objectives.
- Bachelors with 10+ years of engineering, operations management or business administration OR an advanced degree with 7+ years of engineering, operations management or business administration.
- Willingness to obtain a US Passport.
- 5+ years of experience in program management with a strong record of demonstrated success skill sets.
- 5+ years of experience Microsoft tools.
- 5+ years of demonstrated superiority with written and oral communication skills, creating and giving presentations to a diverse audience that includes leadership and customers.
- 5+ years of demonstrated superior business judgment, leadership, time management, written, verbal.
- 5+ years of demonstrated enhanced communications and teaming ability to influence and build consensus at every level.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Master’s degree in engineering, operations management, or business administration.
- Proven ability to deliver results across a complex, cross-functional organization – evidence on what you accomplished and how you managed it.
- Familiarity with SAP or ERP preferred.
- You will harbor a high EQ, demonstrating a past ability to lead and influence our team through a very transformative period.
- You possess a positive, “can-do” attitude, sporting energy, enthusiasm, an analytical approach and a history of ingenuity.
- We want you to understand complex tech issues at a level that you can drive to closure and communicate those to customers clearly.
- You will also have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including executive leadership, customers, and suppliers.
- You will have energy and a passion for solving tough problems in a fast-paced environment, but the ability to do so by empowering, motivating, and influencing people.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is: Hybrid
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms