Digital & Technology: Consultant - Technical Architect
At Reference Point, you’ll have the chance to chart your course for the future with the industry’s most dynamic and exciting boutique-style management consulting firm. Our supportive team fosters an inclusive culture where you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global banks and financial services companies in the world, alongside talented consultants, and former C-suite executives.
Our boutique-style firm allows us to provide opportunities to our team members that might not exist at traditional consultancies. We pride ourselves on listening to our employees, empowering them to take on leadership roles, pursue individual interests, and impact real change. Our core values are more than just words, they are a way of life at Reference Point.
A career in Reference Point’s Digital & Technology practice will provide you with the opportunity to help the world’s largest financial services firms pursue innovative solutions to solve complex organizational problems.
We are seeking architecture-minded candidates with skillsets that will supercharge our technical prowess within a growing architecture team and help our firm tackle challenging technical engagements. Candidates should have familiarity with enterprise architecture, integrations, solutioning, and/or development.
In joining our Digital & Technology team, you’ll work with a high-performing, driven team, alongside renowned industry executives who have held CIO, CTO, CISO and other IT leadership positions at large financial institutions.
At Reference Point, we look for people who are highly motivated and enjoy the challenge and fast pace of a career in management consulting, as well as people who enjoy a little fun. If you are an experienced, driven, and entrepreneurial individual with strong values and you think you can see yourself as a member of the Reference Point family, reach out to us today!
Responsibilities on engagements often include, but not limited to:
- Develop expertise in one or more of Reference Point’s industry domains, specifically Retail Banking, Capital Markets, or Wealth Management
- Be able to identify actionable next steps in complex and ambiguous situations
- Design and implement technical solutions in coordination with team and client SMEs and key stakeholders
- Leverage industry frameworks, methodologies, tools and best practices across implementation engagements and digital transformation programs, and serve as a coach to both client and internal teams
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders and perform independent research to stay current with trends and developments
- Lead technical conversations with the ability to cater to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with both business and technology areas to perform requirements analysis, solution design and functional testing
- Analyze business and technical requirements to enable design and build of scalable enterprise solutions
- Coordinate across teams to ensure collaboration and communication across large programs and global teams
The ideal candidate will have experience in or exposure to one or more of the below areas:
Software Development and DevOps
- Hands-on experience with software architecture for large scale, distributed software systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more scripting/compiled language(s) and ability to develop POCs and sample implementations
- Experience with CI/CD practices and toolset configuration to support automated build, testing, and deployment of software and features
- Experience customizing and extending in-house/third party software products to meet business requirements
- Experience with API-based integration and common architecture methods, such as event-driven architecture, service-oriented architecture, webservices, and microservices architecture
- Ability to lead API integrations within complex environments spanning on-premises, cloud, emerging, and legacy systems via technologies such as API Management, enterprise service bus, etc.
- Experience implementing API design patterns across styles/types including RESTful, SOAP, message queue, and pub/sub
- Experience with staging and prepping data for optimized downstream consumption
- Real-world experience designing and/or implementing cloud solutions at the platform-level (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience working within the boundaries of established architecture and operating principles throughout design and solutioning, with the ability to satisfy business requirements consistently
- Experience working within diverse cloud environments, including hybrid and multi-cloud architectures
- Familiarity with developing service meshes within hybrid cloud environments
- Experience working with executive-level stakeholders to draft an architectural vision, create strategic roadmaps, and support tactical implementation
- Familiarity with the process of forming architecture principles and organizational standards in alignment with enterprise strategy and goals
- Knowledge of common EA frameworks and methodologies, such as TOGAF, FEAF, and Zachman
- High-level comprehension of the IT landscape, including data, infrastructure, security, and software development processes
- 5+ years of prior consulting experience with a top-tier consulting firm or within the Financial Services industry
- Emerging expertise within Financial Services, specifically within one or more of Reference Point’s industry focus areas
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to align multiple client stakeholders on findings and recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and executive communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working independently and strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Humility and ability to drive work required to make client programs and complex projects successful
- Incredible drive and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with a strong GPA in systems and information engineering, industrial engineering, operations research, mathematics, computer science, or another strong technical and analytical discipline
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a number of the below technical skills:
- Frameworks: DCAM, CMMI, Cloud Adoption Framework, ITIL
- Tools: DevOps, EA Tools (ex: Orbus, LeanIX), CMDB
- Microsoft Suite: Office, Visio, SharePoint, Excel, Project
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the below certifications:
- TOGAF, ITIL, Sec+, Net+, AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
Compensation for this position includes base salary and benefits including but not limited to paid time off, 401(k), health insurance (medical, dental, vision, wellness program), and more. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program. Annual incentive awards, if any, depend on various factors, including, but not limited to, individual and Company performance.
Reference Point is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.