Analyst - High Yield
- Analyze property operating performance through review of operating statements, rent rolls and leases
- Evaluate and abstract loan documents
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties including borrowers, legal counsel, property managers, other lenders, servicers, and other Rialto departments
- Negotiate complex transactions
- Perform research on various real estate markets throughout the U.S. and communicate with brokers in these markets
- Comprehensive analysis and understanding of loan collateral dynamics, value determination, and resolution alternatives
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Prepare valuation and cash flow analysis on projected loan resolutions based on Borrower proposals including DCF / IRR / NPV scenarios for various strategies
- Underwrite potential new investment opportunities in CMBS, equity recapitalizations, asset/portfolio acquisitions, and mezzanine/preferred equity
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the executive team and outside parties.
- Underwrite performing loan requests for reserve disbursements, lease approvals, loan extensions and other requests as needed and ensure all requests are handled in compliance with the terms of the related Loan Documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field required
- 1-2 years of prior Real Estate experience (minimum of 2 years), including underwriting and due diligence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively while handling a variety of projects
- Prior credit/real estate underwriting experience
- Broad commercial real estate experience in multiple property types is a plus
- The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of loan documents or demonstrate the aptitude to quickly become familiar with loan documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate within a team setting
- Must be team-oriented and work well in a collaborative environment
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Evening or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties.
Rialto Capital is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities please visit: e-verify.gov.