Revenue Operations Data Analyst
IT, Operations, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Rippling is looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our growing customer revenue strategy and operations team. They will be immediately and directly responsible for overseeing the buildout of Rippling’s customer data model. You will develop data visualizations and uncover insights that support the growth of our customer focused sales teams. You’ll work closely with colleagues to provide visibility into the performance of the business, identify key trends, and meet our analytics needs as the organization grows. You’ll also collaborate closely with sales leadership and other key cross-functional partners to define and track KPIs, as well as develop and execute operational plans across our analytics efforts.
The ideal candidate will have worked in fast-paced environments before, ideally at a multi-product SaaS company and will have made a measurable impact to the sales organization. You should also be comfortable tackling ambiguous and challenging problems and working independently as well as part of a team. This is an opportunity to work on high-visibility strategic initiatives in a rapidly growing sales organization.
What you will do
- Understand the Business and Deploy Metrics : Partner with the revenue operations and business operations teams to develop a deep understanding of the business. Engage with Account Management, Customer Experience and Product AE Sales teams to understand how teams capture and utilize customer data. Leverage your understanding to define, document, develop and deploy actionable metrics to help guide decision-making at Rippling.
- DRI for Development of Customer Data Tables: Collaborate with data science and engineering to build, document, and manage core customer data tables for Rippling.
- Data & Reporting: Build and own critical reporting and self-serve dashboards that provide insights into Rippling’s business performance.
- Project Management: Individually own and drive analyses, workstreams, and high priority projects.
- Data Driven Insights: Proactively provide insights on customer sales performance and customer business processes.
What you will need
- 4+ years working with data, partnering with various orgs (Account Management, Customer Experience, Marketing, Sales, Data Analytics, Data Engineering)
- Proficiency in data visualization, adept at tailoring presentations to executives, managers, and individual contributors within the organization.
- Expertise with visualization tools like Tableau, Mode and Looker (we use Mode and Tableau)
- Experience in developing definitional documentation, as well as leading educational sessions for business teams on dashboards and analytical insights.
- Ability to write complex SQL and establish ad-hoc data pipelines, ideally within Snowflake. Bonus but not needed: experience with Python/R.
- Experience designing and/or maintaining ETLs to ensure accuracy and consistency of data from multiple sources
- Prior experience working in a startup or a hyper growth technology company
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.